Weight Loss Goals

Options
Hi Ladies!!

For those of you trying to lose weight, what are your goals? Do you have a long term goal broken up into short term goals?

I'm would like to lose 50 pounds. I'm trying to do it in 10 pound increments, with rewards at each 10 pound mark.

Replies

• insertcleverbit
    insertcleverbit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose around 40lbs. However, looking at that number is REALLY daunting. Right now I'm sticking with a 5% loss, and then once I get there reevaluate. I think I'm going to go for 5% increments. It seems so much more manageable, and reevaluating at each step, because let's be honest, I probably have a goal in my head, but I can't know how manageable that goal is until I get closer.

My overall goal has more to do with eating healthily and working out regularly. I figure the number on the scale will reflect that, but the number on the scale itself is arbitrary if I am not taking good care of my body.
  • CinScotland
    Options
    I'd like to lose about 5 more kilo (I've lost 15 so far, leaving me about 72kg). This definitely isn't tiny but I'm at 77 now and a size 10 (14 UK) and am not sure any smaller is necessary / maintainable over the long term.
  • California1981
    Options
    I would like to lose 10 pounds, but I've been stuck at where I am, give or take a pound or 2, for about a year. So we'll see...
  • milele_transfome
    milele_transfome Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get down to about 135-140 (so about 4-5 more pounds, depending on the time of day). My main goal is not pounds but more about how I feel/look. I'm soft and jiggly, and I want to be a little firmer around my abs, thighs, and arms. Also I want to increase my upper body strength, as I often feel like a weakling when bringing in groceries.
  • rc429
    rc429 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I lost about 25 pounds last year, then gained 5 back. This summer I was pretty good about eating well, and I was running a ton, so I lost another 10 pounds. Since then, I haven't been eating as well, and the weight is starting to creep back up, so I'm hoping to put a stop to that before the holidays. Ultimately, I'd like to lose another 20 pounds.