Ladies...what type of clothes did you wear?

Options
Hey, I'm doing my first Warrior Dash next month and don't know the best type of clothes to wear. Obviously not cotton. What bottoms? capris, shorts, tight bike shorts? many thanks

Replies

• KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    hehe. I wore a tutu. Pissed off a few guys that a girl in a tutu was moving faster than them... :devil:
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    hehe. I wore a tutu. Pissed off a few guys that a girl in a tutu was moving faster than them... :devil:

haha love it
  • weliveaswedream
    weliveaswedream Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just did the Warrior Dash on Saturday. It was great fun!

I wore running shorts and a tank top. I don't know what the weather will be like for you in a month, though, so a dri fit long sleeve top and pants may be better. I would suggest at least wearing something to cover your knees because mine are all scratched up from crawling through rocks.

You're right to avoid cotton. Even spring for a pair of water wicking underwear. You'll be much more comfortable.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    What's the weather where you are? I did Warrior in a running tank and compression capris. I'm also a big fan of wearing knee socks during races, partially because you can get some really cute ones, but also to protect from rocks and branches. You may need to really revised that if you're in a cold weather area.
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    thanks guys...i'm in south florida with the dash being in Miami.....so less might be better
  • rum_girl
    Options
    I would definitely wear compression shorts.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sports bra, tank top, compression pants. i didnt wear knee socks but regular footies and the knee socks are a great idea. i also wore old shoes that i planned on donating anyway. the race i did collected them at the end.

you can also try wearing a unitard. i thought about wearing one, but i'd still need to wear a sports bra
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Compression pants/shorts are nice,, but I find they take a long time to dry ( a major consideration when wet and muddy alot) I wear short runners short (the kind with built in panties so I don't moon the person behind me as I do burpees) . For the top,, just a sports bra and if I feel less than fit a quick dry shirt. Also I am a trying gloves for this season, mostly because my hands keep slipping on the monkey bars. I can do monkey bars,,just not when my hands are slippery and muddy! Also I am thinking of making a knee pad/sleeve of some sort for a little knew protection under the barbed wire. Also,, I run in toe shoes! Love my VFF!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I wore capri-length running tights, a sports bra and a sports tank-top. I wanted at least a layer of fabric over my knees. I actually also used some gloves I got at a work wear store... they're SUPER thin and kind of rubbery. Supposedly for electricians and plumbers who have to have complete dexterity while cold/wet. I think they helped a little with things like pulling a cinder block on a rope, picking up and carrying a sandbag... stuff like that. I took them off before attempting to climb straight up a rope.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I ran a Warrior Dash last year in a tank top, sports bra (which was *filled* with mud at the end) and running skirt. This year I'll be wearing pretty much the same, but substituting my Vibram Five Fingers instead of normal running shoes.

Not sure what I'll end up wearing for Tough Mudder, it's at the end of September in Toronto, which can be really nice or really cold.

One thing to consider is sunburn. I'd be more comfortable in just a sports bra, but I burn really fast.

What I'd really like to figure out is a way to totally waterproof an old iPod and headphones.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I just did my first one yesterday in Sunny Seattle (read: cold, wet, and overcast...but NOT raining, lol!). You're run will be much hotter so you won't need the double layers I did.

Basically I wore:
    - TWO yoga bras (two gives me the hold of a "real" sport bra, without the chafing bands!)
    - UnderArmor underlayer shirt for layering warmth and to, hopefully, dry from the "inside out", since our team shirt was in cotton. It also kept the mud out of my bars, since they are nice and snug.
    - Nike running pants...any brand will do, of course, but my Nike's have a little pocket on the lower back that allowed me to carry my ID and cash for my after- the- race beer, without having to actually going through the long line at gear check again.
    - snow board socks - I know this may sound weird, especially in Miami, but wool socks are what you wear skiing / snowboarding where your socks will almost surely get wet - they dry quickly, and more importantly, don't rub blisters as easily.
    - Trail shoes - they ARE different than "running" shoes. They come in all the same cute colors, but have more grippy treads. The people I saw falling the most were wearing normal running shoes....slippery, slippery, slippery = BAD / DANGEROUS on a mud course
    - exercise tape - we taped our shoes on....and were some of the only ones who made it through the shoe-sucking-mud-pits intact. :)
    - Gloves!!!!! I just went out and got a 5 pack of cheap (5 for $5) pink garden gloves with the rubberized palms and elastic wristband. Ladies all around were jealous as well crawled and climbed, unscathed by burning ropes and sharp pebbles!

Hope this helps!
    KT