Hey!!

Options
When did this pop up? I've been checking, lol.

Hello! I'm Isabelle and I'm an adult beginner. "Hi Isabelle!"

*runs to invite other dance friends*

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for inviting me! I've also been looking for groups like this haha.

I'm Jen and I'm also an adult beginner. Danced as a kid but haven't stepped foot in a studio in 12 years...until now! Taking an adult ballet class twice per week and I love it.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm here too now! I'm Elisa. I started dancing at 22 and I'm hooked! Although I love ballet, I think modern dance is my favorite to dance :) I do want to dance en pointe hopefully within the next 2 years!
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'all!

I'm Kimberly, and taking Adult Beginner classes to retrain my body. Haven't been in the studio for 14 years. Danced for 18 years before that.

Taking classes twice a week.
  • QueenoftheWillis
    QueenoftheWillis Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so glad you've all joined my group!!!! :D My name is Doriya and I'm an advanced pre-pro ballet student, hoping to get into some professional ballet schools for next year. I started pretty young, I was around two, but the summer before grade 4 my mom made me quit so I want back to it after about 7 years and I've just been working really hard. I'm determined to make it into a company and at least make soloist! (I'm 18 right now, by the way). I am possibly going to start taking 15+ hours a week of ballet. I'm really excited. I'm going to the studio next week on Wednesday to take a trial class and convince my mom that the Vaganova training is worth the cost
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love this chick and her blog. Check out this challenge though girls (and guys?). :D
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    Options
    Bump for lazy dance posters! :)
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    Options
    I love this chick and her blog. Check out this challenge though girls (and guys?). :D
    I never posted the link, but no one noticed. Nice ladies, nice. LOL.
    http://adultballerinaproject.com/category/30-day-stretch-challenge/.

Also check out her blogroll. Fun stuff there.
  • nath_coco
    Options
    I was looking for a group like this so I'm happy to be here :) I'm natalie I'm 22 and like the most of here I'm an adult beginner! I discovered my skills and love for ballet when my cousin invited me to her dance academy, since this day i'm a happy passionate dancer :)
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    Options
    I was looking for a group like this so I'm happy to be here :) I'm natalie I'm 22 and like the most of here I'm an adult beginner! I discovered my skills and love for ballet when my cousin invited me to her dance academy, since this day i'm a happy passionate dancer :)
    Welcome Natalie! I'm Isabelle. Please share your story in the groups topics. The girls would love to hear it. :)
  • 50kgRussianBallerina
    Options
    Hi :) I'm a pre-professional ballet student at PGHU (in Russia - I'm not from here, but I live here because its a boarding school.)
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    Options
    Hi :) I'm a pre-professional ballet student at PGHU (in Russia - I'm not from here, but I live here because its a boarding school.)

Hi! Glad you could join us. :)
  • wyodawn
    wyodawn Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Dawn & I'm new here. I have been dancing since I was 3 and have been teaching ballet, jazz and tap for 22 years. I also have a B.A. in Wellness and am a certified fitness instructor. I have a desk job now, as teaching 30plus hours per week was starting to have serious effects on me physically. I still take class every now and then, but I mostly teach.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Dawn & I'm new here. I have been dancing since I was 3 and have been teaching ballet, jazz and tap for 22 years. I also have a B.A. in Wellness and am a certified fitness instructor. I have a desk job now, as teaching 30plus hours per week was starting to have serious effects on me physically. I still take class every now and then, but I mostly teach.

Welcome! You live in Wyoming? My husband and I are in Cheyenne. Your username tipped me off :P
  • wyodawn
    Options

Welcome! You live in Wyoming? My husband and I are in Cheyenne. Your username tipped me off :P
    I am! I'm in Jackson and have a daughter in school in Laramie.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    Options
    Welcome Dawn!! :D
  • wyodawn
    Options
    thanks! So, did you complete that 30 day challenge? 30 minutes a day is a lot to me!
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    Options
    thanks! So, did you complete that 30 day challenge? 30 minutes a day is a lot to me!
    Yeah I never did the whole 30 minutes. I usually did about 10, lol. I did a lot of days, but kind of lost track towards the end there. I still stretch every day but not like I was. Hey, I'm still bendy! LOL!
  • bramley1911
    bramley1911 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Sarah and I'm 21. I danced a lot when I was younger but more disco/cheerleading. Stopped due to family reasons when I was 14 but my boyfriend convinced me to take up ballet for the first time 2 years ago. I take a ballet and jazz combined class once a week.
  • wyodawn
    Options
    Yeah I never did the whole 30 minutes. I usually did about 10, lol. I did a lot of days, but kind of lost track towards the end there. I still stretch every day but not like I was. Hey, I'm still bendy! LOL!

I won a bet the other night that I couldn't do a split (poor guy didn't know I was a dancer, just knew that I was pushing 40 y.o. and claimed to be flexible). I did a split right there in the bar, in jeans and cowboy boots, and got $20. Sucker!!! So yeah, it's totally possible to keep flexibility if you don't ever let it go. Now, I can't kick my face in a grand battement or leap like I used to, but do I really need to?

Hi Sarah! Your combined class sounds really fun. We've talked about starting a class like that, as our beginning adult ballet class is starting to fizzle out a little.
  • bramley1911
    bramley1911 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's a good fun, we do some barre work and then some movement down the room and then our teacher, who is an ex-musical theatre performer, teaches us some of her fun routines from when she was on stage. Makes it a bit more fun for us as we don't take it really seriously.