Pregnancy Brain

Options
Jenny_Rose77
Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
Does anyone else on here have "pregnancy brain"? When I first heard about it, I was like, "oh, that must be made up." But, lately, like especially in the last month, I have been SO spacey. I never miss appointments, but I have missed two this month. Just completely forgot about them. I will be walking somewhere, and walk right past where I mean to go...only realizing minutes later what I've done. The worst is when I was driving a couple of weeks ago: I almost hit a pedestrian. It was really grey and rainy out, and he was wearing grey (and jaywalking, I might add), but it still really freaked me out. I mean, I was inches away from hitting him. Now I don't want to drive (at least, in the city) until after the baby gets here.

Anyone else? Please tell me I'm not the only one losing it!

Replies

• blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    No you are not the only one I have been forgetting things also. I have forgotten to pick my son up twice from the sitters. I just drove right by and went home and my husband just looked at me like I was crazy. At work I forget to do certain parts of my job and find what I was supposed to do sitting on my desk the next morning. Thank god my boss thinks it is hilarious for now. So do not feel alone it happens it does make you feel like you are losing it but it is only temporary thank god.
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It's totally normal. And for me it has gotten worse the farther along I get. I've thrown my husband's wallet away in the trash outside. I forget things he has told me several times. I do crazy random settings on my washing machine and then wonder why it doesn't take as long as it should.

As for appointments, I have to put them in my phone. I set a reminder alarm to go off an hour before hand because that will always give me enough time to get there. I check it every Monday to try and remind myself what is going on for the week, but I still forget until my phone goes off. I think I'd loose my head if I could.
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I have become a list maker of everything. I have to write down "take shower, vitamin, make chicken for dinner, etc" otherwise I would walk into the bathroom and forget why I am there, open the fridge and forget what I was doing. I have my phone alarm set to remember to pick up the kids from school. I forget the words for things. Like, "lamp" or "sweater".
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't been terrible bc I'm trying to stay on top of things!! I'm with cmaxor, i make tons of lists! If i have too many things going on at once I'm bound to forget at least one thing lol
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't been too bad, but I do forget some things, probably because there is so much baby on the mind. For me, I seemed to notice it more at the beginning, I think because I worried more and even when I kept wondering if I was pregnant. For a week straight I would walk out of my house without something...laptop, phone, lunch, but luckily I usually realized before i left
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were driving home about a month ago, and I was driving since he'd been drinking. I forgot entirely where my house was. It was kinda scary actually. I had no idea where my own house was for about 5 minutes.
  • blink1021
    Options
    Speaking of pregnancy brain went to walmart today and couldn't figure out how to get into the parking lot. I could see the back of the store but I couldn't figure out how to get there. My son looked at me like I was crazy and I felt crazy because I have been to this walmart many times before.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My pregnancy brain hasnt been too awful. I have done things like put the jelly in the peanut butter cupboard instead of the fridge. Forgetting my lunch for work, and just sitting in the nursery not remembering why i came in there in the first place. Nothing scary just annoying
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've always been scatterbrained but it's reached new levels during pregnancy. I have gone to the bank to cash a check and then forgotten the check at the office. I have forgotten how to run reports I've done a hundred times before. I forget very basic things for my job like what to say when I pick up the phone.

I have given my co-workers permission to double check my work and question me when things don't look right.
  • mainesm
    mainesm Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I totally believe in Pregnancy Brain! I haven't had many cases, but I've lost my keys about three times... Missed place my husband's wallet as soon as he gave it to me and driven the wrong way home from work twice! Oh in the middle of the night the other night I told my husband that it was snowing... but it wasn't.
  • flyingcarbaccio
    flyingcarbaccio Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Two things stand out recently. The first is when I was driving to my parents house on Friday night and past their exit. The next exit is about 50 miles away so I spent the next hour and 45 minutes getting back to their exit. The second thing was actually earlier in the day. Part of my job is to add students to their courses and allow them access. Well, I added them to their classes and gave them a little too much access. I actually assigned them teaching rights so they were able to see all of their exams and answers in advance.

I am afraid to do anything!!!
  • blink1021
    Options
    My heat didn't work last night so I called the guys today and kept telling them how my air conditioning didn't work and I was determined to get it fixed the guy thought I was crazy and I wouldn't let up. He was trying to explain to me that it is 38 deg outside why do I want air conditioning. He put me on hold and got the owner (who I know). Kyle got on the phone laughing telling me what I was saying. I was so embarrassed when I realized it and luckily Kyle is coming over to help me. Thank god his wife just had a baby 6 months ago so he understands.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Options
    My heat didn't work last night so I called the guys today and kept telling them how my air conditioning didn't work and I was determined to get it fixed the guy thought I was crazy and I wouldn't let up. He was trying to explain to me that it is 38 deg outside why do I want air conditioning. He put me on hold and got the owner (who I know). Kyle got on the phone laughing telling me what I was saying. I was so embarrassed when I realized it and luckily Kyle is coming over to help me. Thank god his wife just had a baby 6 months ago so he understands.

Lol. This is a good "pregnancy brain" story.

I have taken to leaving signs around the house the night before, so that I don't forget important things. Best place for me to put them is on the fridge...somewhere I am sure to go! :-)

This morning I walked the dog and left our front door open for hours after I got back. We live in a pretty safe doorman building (so the dog couldn't run away and the possibility of intruders would be unlikely), but still...my husband was like, "Eh, honey..."
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Options
    Today we took a tour of the hospital where I will deliver. My husband went to get the car while I used the restroom. When I went to leave the hospital, I could not figure out how to get out of the building. I saw my husband standing on the other side of the glass doors, cracking up laughing at me, because as he helpfully pointed out after I finally managed to get out, "Didn't you notice the big red sign in front of you that said, 'Use door on the left'"? Well, no. No, I did not. Ahhhhh. And this is why I don't want to drive any more until after I deliver.
  • blink1021
    Options
    Today we took a tour of the hospital where I will deliver. My husband went to get the car while I used the restroom. When I went to leave the hospital, I could not figure out how to get out of the building. I saw my husband standing on the other side of the glass doors, cracking up laughing at me, because as he helpfully pointed out after I finally managed to get out, "Didn't you notice the big red sign in front of you that said, 'Use door on the left'"? Well, no. No, I did not. Ahhhhh. And this is why I don't want to drive any more until after I deliver.

Too funny sounds like me. I could definitely see me doing this and my husband would get a kick out of it and he wouldn't help me he would just stand there laughing at me.