The hardest part about dating....

Options
oliv2065
oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
For me, its my schedule. Right now I am working swing shift, which means I get off at 11:30pm. The only thing open around here are clubs, which is not my idea of a "getting to know someone" kind of date. The option of "hanging out" at his place that late at night tends to lead to one thing. Since I am a single mom the two nights I do have off I usually have something going on with my daughter or I atleast want to tuck her in. Her bed time is 8pm and I live about an hour out of town so the date couldn't start until 9 which is plausible. But my days off are Tuesday and Wednesday, so 9 makes it hard for a guy that has to get up and work in the am. I get asked out often but actually going on dates doesn't happen much anymore. Either guys think I am blowing them off or that I am not worth the effort.

What is the hardest part of dating for you?

Replies

• MickeyGeorge
    MickeyGeorge Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I live in a rural area, so the population is pretty low. There are a lot of bars but not much else. So, I've turned to online dating and do a lot of driving to meet people. I'm okay with this, but I think it will be come difficult if it gets serious with anyone.
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Nobody seems interested in asking me out.
  • denuyal50
    denuyal50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I work alot! I have a full time desk job and I also clean residential homes at night and weekends. Not every night or all weekends but a good portion of them. At work there are not alot of people around that are my age. I am not around guys for them to ask me out. When I do go out, I get men asking me provacative things and that turns me off completely. Change your pick up lines boys LOL. I keep telling myself it will happen when it happens. I know I'm not destined to be alone for the rest of my life so it's just a waiting game.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    For me, the hardest part is the first part. Determining if that person likes you... Like, they give little hints here and there, but never DO anything about it.,.. So then you are stuck wondering if or when they are going to ask you out? Are they just wanting to be friends? Am I doing enough to show my interest? Grrrr...
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm single parent to a 7 year old girl and 13 week old boy. I also live in a village in the middle of nowhere so quite difficult to meet people.
  • Joethebull
    Options
    despite reading many books on dating. I have no idea what I am doing. Plus any person I develop interest in already in a relationship or has no interest in me what so ever in that area of life.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Trying to trust what someone is telling you, after a bad experience in your past.
  • jbirdjr70
    Options
    I would be interested!
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    despite reading many books on dating. I have no idea what I am doing.

Ditto!
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Exactly! It actually gets a bit depressing!
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Exactly! It actually gets a bit depressing!

Then y'all just gotta do the asking. :)
  • daburnsie
    Options
    I live in a rural area, so the population is pretty low. There are a lot of bars but not much else. So, I've turned to online dating and do a lot of driving to meet people. I'm okay with this, but I think it will be come difficult if it gets serious with anyone.

I live in a rural area, too! So I get it! I know most of the people in the surrounding towns as well. My town is a mile square and boasts 800 people. The opportunities to meet someone new are few and far between. I am originally from Chicago, so being single in the middle of nowhere is pretty difficult. I was dating someone who lived about an hour and a half from me, but that wasn't easy either. Best of luck to you!
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    No one is interested, and if they are interested at first, they lose interest after I start investing in the relationship.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    The guys that I seem to get that are interested in me - have NO idea how to win me over apparently. Because asking me questions about my sex life or provocative questions - INSTANT turn off. Stimulate my brain and the rest will follow!

That and where I live there are a lot of parolees, and working in a men's prison, makes it REAL hard. *sigh*
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    definitely meeting people for me.

plus i'm running into guys my age who are really extremely bitter :noway:
  • captainsuperpants
    captainsuperpants Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Going out with idiots
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options