has anybody finished ChaLEAN extreme?

Options
ok the deal is im about to finish Insanity after one week and was thinking to try something new with weights added.
I know that there is big buzz going around P90box but I just dont have any place for pullup bars in my house ( and as I understand it its a big part of the program)
So I stoped the serch on ChaLEAN extreme work out for now.
Is it good?
Does it work?
Is it fun? ( I might be nuts but I think Insanity is lots of fun)
Is it a good jump from Insanity?
Or if you have any other ideas please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    After Insanity I did ChaLean Extreme. It is very different. I was ready to stop the crazy jumping around and pick up some weights.
    I loved the program and got better results from it then I did from Insanity.
    After CLX I did P90X, That is now my favorite of all of them. You don't need a pull up bar. You can use bands in the door way. You just need the thing that you put in the door and loop the bands though. I don't know what it is called.
    I think you will like either program. Go for it!
  • quaintm
    Options
    thanks for the info.

hahaha yes the main problem is the door ways in my house, the once I can attach anything to is 5 meters away. so that will not be much fun running between comp and a bed room doorway. :) al though i might get extra calorie burn.
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have no info on chaLean, but I did the entire P90X program with only resistance bands in doorways. I now live in an apartment and am about to start the program for round 2. My doorways are also down the hall from the living room (where I will be doing the rest.
    It's definitely doable.

If you want to do it, I would suggest watching the videos once through before you do them. Then you will know proper form for the moves and as soon as you hear Tony name the move, you can head to your doorway. They give you ample time in my opinion.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    My bands snapped my last week of the program. So I had to run to my garage and do a quick set on the tower out there. If I do another round I am just going to do that. It is very doable.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Finished my first round of CLX last March. It was the program that totally changed my body composition. I lost inches in ALL the right places, as well as 6lbs. It inspired me to complete the P90X programs last month. I took a month off, I did JM RI30 and am back for round 2!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've done CE twice and loved it although the cardio got too boring but you could swap in insanity! THe weight workourts are great though! P90X I am doing with out a pullup bar. I use bands for pullups on my closet door with a rolll of packing tape. It's plenty challenging with that!
  • quaintm
    Options
    Thank you all.
    i think I made up my mind.

I will start on Monday
    JM RI30 - first 10 days + last week of Insanity,
    JM RI30 - second 10 days + 4 tims Of Insanity cardio or one week of recovery and balance.
    JM RI30 - the last 10 days no extras added.

Does it sound ok?

That way I can be sure that I will finish one program for sure before I will go back to work after Xmas.
    would hate it if I start something and wouldnt be able to finish it due to the work.
    P90X or Chalean would have to wait I think til I find out my working hours at work.