Hello!

Options
Hi! I am newly sleeved (9/24/12) and I am looking to meet others with the same goal and anatomy that I do. Hoping I can have some more support and accountability. :)

Replies

• SandyFromNJ
    SandyFromNJ Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting sleeved. I am pending surgery on November 5th 2012.

How are you doing?

What are you eating? Drinking?

Please share.
    SandyFromNJ
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mandy and I am getting sleeve on November 5th 2012 as well. I'll add you as a friend.
  • mum_of_one
    Options
    Hi there, I'm getting my sleeve on 30th October, looking forward to sharing this journey with you all :)
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    hi..congrats on the sleeve...hope all is going well with it..i will be sleeved nov2nd...feel free to add as a friend.
  • Willthemedic
    Willthemedic Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was sleeved this past Friday on Oct 19th. Feel free to add me.
  • kjhendrickson90
    Options
    Hey everyone! Congrats on everyone with their sleeves and future-congrats to all of you getting it so soon! Feel free to add me - support and learning coming from MFP is great!
  • DonnaLRB
    DonnaLRB Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I got sleeved, had my gall bladder removed, and had a hiatal hernia repaired on October 10. The worst part for me was not being able to drink anything from midnight before the surgery until after doing my "swallow test" the next morning. MISERABLE!

Of course, there was pressure from the laproscopic procedure, and I was given pain medication in the recovery room, but I honestly didn't need anything after that. I did feel a bit nauseous (I am prone to motion sickness.) and they gave me the patch behind the ear and some medication for that. I didn't sleep well in the hospital, and I felt weak and somewhat unsteady there, but I went home the day after surgery, slept 16 hours in my own bed, and felt MUCH better! I had abdominal soreness, but only like I had been doing about 100 crunches, and that was gone after about 4 days.

My husband is going through the insurance hoops now, and hopes to have the surgery in January. We're both VERY excited about our new lives!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club!! :tongue: I was sleeved July 2011. This is a great group of people, lots of support and positive reinforcement. Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck with your journey.
  • dallasgrl46
    dallasgrl46 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am scheduled to get sleeved on November 14th, I am getting very nervous. But also excited! Congradulations on all the already sleeved and to the to be sleeved. I look forward to being able to share this journey.

Christina
  • twinmoonette
    twinmoonette Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you!!! I'm excited for each and everyone of you!! I was sleeved on March 21, 2012. I am down 96 lbs right now and feeling wonderful.

Remember, this is a lifestyle change and not just an easy fix. It is a tool to help you remain healthy for the rest of your life. You need to use your tool effectively---eat very slow, don't drink 30 mins before or after you eat, and try to avoid all sugars!!!

I wish you all the best and continue to use this website for support and information!!!
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    Options
    Hi all! I had my sleeve done on June 14th, 2012, and I'm currently half way to my goal of 160. Feel free to add me for motivation and support! :)
  • LORIANN1108
    Options
    HI....I AM ALSO NEW TO THIS TOPIC. I HAD MY SLEEVE ON NOVEMBER 8, 2012. I AM DOWN CLOSE TO 20 POUNDS. I AM LOOKING FOR ANT ADVISE THAT YOU GUYS CAN GIVE. MOST DAYS ARE GOOD....BUT SOME DAYS ARE HARDER. I COULD USE THE HELP.

THANKS,

LORI