Psst Psst....hey you....come here! 11/2/12

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
Challenge:

What would you say to someone who approaches you and says, "I noticed how good you look and healthy you look...how do you do it? Tell me!"

So what would you tell someone? How would you help and encourage him/her? Tell the truth!!!!!!!

(Because it will happen)

Peace,
Wonder Woman

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Suzie: OMG! You've lost so much weight! You look hawt!
    Me: Wanna boogie?
    Suzie: What?
    Me: Nevermind.
    Suzie: So what diet are you on? Is this from keto or south beach or something? Did insanity do this?
    Me: Nope. Nothing so spectacular or expensive. I wouldn't really call it a diet either.
    Suzie: OMG! Are you like sick or something?!??
    Me: Oh, no, no. Nothing like that.
    Suzie: Then what?
    Me: *lean in close* It's this really cool plan that consists of retaining fewer calories than you burn.
    Suzie: What's that called?
    Me: It's called..*looks both ways and leans in closer* calorie counting.
    Suzie: blank stare
    Me: Here, here's a couple links to check out. Weight loss is retaining fewer calories than you burn. It's science, and it works for everybody. Nothing really special about it. However, now that we have computer stuff everywhere it's all traceable and super easy. Here, *scribbles on a yellow sticky* use either My Fitness Pal or Spark People. They both do basically the same thing: count calories and exercise. They'll work if you stick to them, but not overnight. It takes time.
    Suzie: No way, I don't believe you. There's got to be so much more to it. Some supplements or something.
    Me: Nope, just calorie counting. Why do you think Michelle Obama's slogan is "Move more, eat less". It's that simple.
    Suzie: Who's Michelle Obama?
    Me: Do you vote?
    Suzie: Um, nah. Not really.
    Me: Ah, good. Try not to get pregnant either. It gives you ugly stretch marks that never go away. (*and internally thinks we don't want this one breeding*)

~fin~

(Or at least that's how it goes in my head.)
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Okay this is my first challenge (just joined the group today!) so here goes:
    I would tell them:
    1) I watch what I eat (most of the time)
    2) I weigh and measure my portions
    3) I exercise in a couple different ways
    a) bellydancing
    b) walk/jog (except right now, I broke a little toe in two places, but once it's healed, off I go!)
    c) Combat class
    d) core and abs class
    e) got an exercise jump start by working with a personal trainer (that would be Super Trainer Shawn!)
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    move more, eat better! not less, better!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I tell everyone about MFP. Calorie counting is what I focused on. Before I knew it, it was a daily challenge to eat my daily allowance and not go over. This is when exercise became my friend my partner in killing the crazy calories. I arranged my house to ensure I had a no excuse policy. Stationary bike in bedroom and an exercise room in attic. But the thing that keeps me moving forward is not the weight loss, it is the support and accountability I receive on MFP.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I show everyone that asks me my food journal. i pull it up on my phone. i tell them that everything that goes in my mouth gets marked down, and everyone that i'm friends with can see it. i tell them i still eat what i want (because it's a lifestyle change, and for me to stick to it means no giving anything up) but that i just watch how much of it i eat, and on my workout days, i have treats. that way i don't pig out like i used to. i also tell them about my kickboxing classes, and what kinds of stuff we do there, and how much stronger it's made me :)

for me, it's all about encouragement. i tell them my mfp friends are a huge support group going through the same daily struggles i go through, and it's so great to have people that understand, don't judge, and cheer you on :)
  • getme99
    getme99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would say not giving up. You have to keep that determination and drive within you because there are times when you are doing all the right things but nothing seems to be changing but if fight thought it and don't let it get you down, that's when you will get results.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I would say not giving up. You have to keep that determination and drive within you because there are times when you are doing all the right things but nothing seems to be changing but if fight thought it and don't let it get you down, that's when you will get results.

Amen!!!! I would say this 3 times!!!! This is not an easy affair and not one to be taken lightly and it is not temporary...it is a Lifetime!!!!! That is what I would say...so if you want instant results w/o work...you in a fairly land...go do a crazy diet like grapefruits...this is not for you...It will take work for rest of life.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I read on one of the MFP success stories the cutest answer to the question, "How did you do it?"

I can't remember the poster's verbatim reply, but she responds with something like, "With lots of water and sunshine." :flowerforyou: