Caffine pills

Options
PibblesRun
PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
Anyone on a gluten free diet take them and what brand? I havent had success finding a gluten free caffine pill. I usually drink coffee...with cream and sugar. But since dieting have stopped the cream and sugar...well, i really cannot tolerate black coffee. Ive had enough of it! Cant do it anymore...so its either back to my fat ladden cream and sugar and skipping 150 cals worth of nourishing food to have horrible cream and sugar...or take a caffine pill. Ive been drinking coffee for so long I cant just stop caffine. It gives me horrible headaches and withdraws!

Im totally new at this gluten free thing...have been doing it a week now, was feeling pretty good for the last 2 days...then i had a fail moment and ate pizza last night...and I feel it today! So I know now gluten IS my problem.

Replies

• dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    For GF supplements I use Vitacost.com. I see they carry a couple choices. You can do a search of what you want, then look to the left column and click Gluten Free, and the site sorts it for you.

Sweetleaf Stevia clear has no gluten, and is a very good product. A bottle will last you forever, as you only use a few drops.
    You might try pure whipping cream, unless you want to go low fat. Or a non traditional milk like almond or coconut. Just beware of the added ingredients!!!

Good luck to you!
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Udi's has a good pizza crust.... Also Domino's has a gluten free crust... It is not made in a gluten free environment--they don't have a special place to make them... I have eaten them and they are really good.......As for caffeine pills--i don't take them.....
  • machkmukki
    Options
    just picked up a box of topcare brand 200mg caffeine pills from king kullen, states "gluten free" right on the bottom of the box. :smile:

edit: as a side-note, i'm also on a gluten-free diet & aiming to cut out the sugar/fat of coffee additives, 'cause I LOVE COFFEE! but i can't tolerate it black. hoping if i stop drinking it for a while, my taste buds will re-adjust to drinking it black since i hear coffee itself does some awesome things for ya.