Disturbed by Kevin O'brien

Options
tammihart
tammihart Posts: 963 Member
Waiting for my copy to come in at the library.

Replies

• tammihart
    Options
    Finally got my copy but I am in the middle of another book. So I am way behind on this one. I will continue to pick on schedule though.
  • eriktice
    eriktice Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading this one. It's a thriller so I may be giving away spoilers. I hope not but just to be sure SPOILER ALERT.

I'm first to lead with the cover blurb from the Kevin O' Brien wewbsite:

The houses on Willow Tree Court are sleek and modern—the kind designed to harbor happy families and laughing children. No one would guess the secrets that lurk beyond the neat lawns and beautiful facades.

Molly Dennehy is trying to fit in to her new surroundings, though her neighbors are clearly loyal to her husband’s ex-wife. But that’s the least of Molly’s worries. Her stepson’s school has been rocked by a brutal slaying, and a psychopath is murdering families in their Seattle homes. Homes just like Molly’s on Willow Tree Court.

With each passing day, Molly becomes more convinced that someone is watching her family, someone consumed with rage and vengeance. On this quiet road, a nightmare has been unleashed, and the trail of terror will lead right to her door.

Well that is out of the way. This book involves the Cul De Sac killer. There are at least two masterminds in the killings. A man killer through most of the book and Mrs. Corson who was the wife of a murdered guidance counselor. She kills in order to attempt to get her life back in order.

Mrs. Corson eventually becomes a neighbor in the block and tries to run away with the youngest daughter of Molly. It left me hanging until the end to find out that Mrs. Corson was the new next door neighbor.

Pretty good mystery book although it took about half the book to completely develop the character's back stories and finally get to some of the reasons behind some of the killings.

I enjoyed it but it did take me a while to get this book started. It took me the entire two weeks to read it fully at 2 hours a nite which is unusual for me. I usually have books read in a day or two with little problems.
  • tammihart
    Options
    Just finished reading this one. It's a thriller so I may be giving away spoilers. I hope not but just to be sure SPOILER ALERT.

I'm first to lead with the cover blurb from the Kevin O' Brien wewbsite:

The houses on Willow Tree Court are sleek and modern—the kind designed to harbor happy families and laughing children. No one would guess the secrets that lurk beyond the neat lawns and beautiful facades.

Molly Dennehy is trying to fit in to her new surroundings, though her neighbors are clearly loyal to her husband’s ex-wife. But that’s the least of Molly’s worries. Her stepson’s school has been rocked by a brutal slaying, and a psychopath is murdering families in their Seattle homes. Homes just like Molly’s on Willow Tree Court.

With each passing day, Molly becomes more convinced that someone is watching her family, someone consumed with rage and vengeance. On this quiet road, a nightmare has been unleashed, and the trail of terror will lead right to her door.

Well that is out of the way. This book involves the Cul De Sac killer. There are at least two masterminds in the killings. A man killer through most of the book and Mrs. Corson who was the wife of a murdered guidance counselor. She kills in order to attempt to get her life back in order.

Mrs. Corson eventually becomes a neighbor in the block and tries to run away with the youngest daughter of Molly. It left me hanging until the end to find out that Mrs. Corson was the new next door neighbor.

Pretty good mystery book although it took about half the book to completely develop the character's back stories and finally get to some of the reasons behind some of the killings.

I enjoyed it but it did take me a while to get this book started. It took me the entire two weeks to read it fully at 2 hours a nite which is unusual for me. I usually have books read in a day or two with little problems.

I just started this book this week (100+ pages in). I am a bit behind for the club because the new book in series I read came out. Anyway, I don't mind spoilers so I read your post. I knew the killer was her!
  • tammihart
    Options
    AWESOME book!!! I totally recommend it to any mystery lovers. Finished it today stayed up way to late couldn't put it down. I finished it first thing in the morning LOL