Fabulous FRIDAY!

Options
"Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now." -- Denis Waitley

Every time I say, "No, thank you," I feel empowered all over again.

What makes you feel strong?

Replies

• GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    faith in the Lord,anticipation of our trip to Punta Cana,Dominican Republic in January
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options

This is a big one for me. When I started, my family wouldn't always take 'no thank you' for an answer. I've finally come to the point that I only have to say it once, and they quit badgering me about eating. It's wonderful!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    My workouts :)
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Probably first year in forever I didn't buy any or eat too much candy around Halloween. I had 1 snickers bite at a party Saturday. This time of year has typically been the start of 2 months of not-so-good choices that lead to a weight gain. Maybe this time I'll do better. Don't get me wrong, I'll still enjoy the holidays and the food that comes with it but there are better things to treat myself with than candy. Not worth it when I've got those 2 size 10 goodwill skirts mocking me from the closet....
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    When I am successful at something or something starts to feel easy for me. :) The other day I was thinking...wow...these stairs used to feel so hard. I feel like I don't need the handrail and I actually felt my muscles controlling my movements and making it easy. It's weird - but it felt so good!
  • cawoods1
    cawoods1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Connecting with others on this site and the encouragement I receive daily makes me feel strong. My faith, husband, family and friends supporting me on this journey reminds me of my strength.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    beginning and ending the day with a positive attitude even if I haven't met all the goals I have set for each day.:smile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    meeting my goals for the day, .....staying within calories, exercise, drink my water, do my devotional, check in with MFP
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I can echo what several of you have said.. my workouts, meditating, and maintaining a positive attitude in every situation makes me feel like a superhero some days!
  • Dianemustang
    Options
    I love when I am offered anything - but especially dessert - and I say "no thank you"...and then someone says - "great will power" - empowerment!
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love when I go to someones house (family or friends) for dinner and they say "Can you eat this?" with sincerity. It means they know how hard I am working and support me in it. It shows that people recognize that this is my new life and not some crazy diet that I will cheat on "just this once".
  • 3springchicks
    3springchicks Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I hear, "Wow! You're looking GREAT"! It just boosts me up, helps me feel stronger in my conviction that I'm on the right path, and helps me to keep my eye on the prize.
  • Runner50266
    Options
    My workouts :)

This. I just got done running 4.5 miles. Yes!
  • juliesjuke
    juliesjuke Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Most of the above.Feels really good to be in control !!:wink:
  • TeTeAngel
    TeTeAngel Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My commitment to this journey. I am proud of my efforts. In the past I would eat healthy and or exercise for a limited period of time. This time I am in for life! Feels really good.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60 today, so I have to start kicking *kitten* or be an old lady and that is not going to happen. Turnng 60 sucks and really pissed me off today, but I am better than that, and will do this. REDI
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." -- Helen Keller

Friday again, ALREADY??!?!!!?

What a FABULOUS week it's been, don't you think?

How are you kicking off the weekend? What's for dinner?

Smiles,
    Alice
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options

This is one for me as well. I get suckered in to many things wanting to please everyone only to discover that it causes me grief and stress.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to you! Embrace it with vigor that you are strong & getting as healthy as you can be!:flowerforyou:
  • VFBloch0725
    Options
    The fact that I have been disciplined to do what is right for my body, stick with proper eatting, not feel deprived, work through the struggles, and follow a healthy eatting regiment. I notice the difference in my response when I eat something good and something bad.