Introductions and Sign-In

Options
wizbeth1218
wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
Howdy Swappers!

I'm Elizabeth and I am in SW Indiana. I started the group because I have a friend who recently lost a bunch of weight and she was generous enough to give me ALL of her clothing that outgrew her. I now have an entire wardrobe of super-cute business professional clothing that should fit me fabulously in about 15 or 20 pounds. Woo hoo!

That means that soon I will have gobs and gobs of clothing that has outgrown ME! I would love to see that clothing go to a new home and help out a friend who is also in transition. Plus, I figure that every single item I list is like its own NSV. :happy:

I am currently in a size 22 or 24 / 3x. I have a few 26/28 items. I'm looking forward to going through my closet and pulling out the items I am ready to swap!

Replies

• Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm Cheryl, and just like Elizabeth, I'm down from a 28 to a 22-24 (2x tops, 3x bottoms). Unfortunately I've already given away about 10 garbage bags full of wonderful clothing, but I'm still shrinking and I'll have much more that needs a good home!
    This should be fun!
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm Ramona (Moni) and I am in the Kansas City Missouri area. I started my journey in size 20-22's and have to admit that they were tight. I'm hoping to get rid of them before Christmas. There won't be a lot as I didn't have the right amount of clothing (wouldn't spend the money because I wasn't at the size I wanted but will have a few good pieces in time that I will list and ship.
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm Bri. I live in upstate NY and also just donated a bunch of clothes. I currently wear an 18pant and XL top but they are getting loose! :)
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cindy and I live in central Indiana. I started in a pant size 22, shirt size 22/24 or xxl. I have more tops than bottoms that I could swap but, I am pretty sure I have a pretty decent pair of size 22 jeans. I will post pics when I figure out how to do that, lol.

Btw, I am now wearing some 16s and some 18 pants, depending on the brand, and 1x tops or 14/16, 18/20 again depending on the brand.
  • Samblantha
    Samblantha Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Samantha and I live in Northern Utah. Currently I’m wearing a size 24 pants, but they are starting to get a bit baggy. I’m ALMOST ready to swap down and when I do, I will have a LOT of Jeans to send on to someone.
  • knjitters
    knjitters Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm Kristen from just north of Detroit Michigan. Currently I am in a 24 hoping to be 22 soon (which I have none of - so thank goodness for the site :happy: )! I cant wait to get home and take some pictures of some of the 26's I have to swap!
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi ! I'm JoAnn from wonderful Collinsville OK (near Tulsa). I'm currently in 22 - 24 but probably should be in a 20 very soon. I know already my 24 jeans are too big (holding them up with a belt) and holding out on buying jeans for now. I have some winter 24, 26 and 28 tops in a box ready to go to Goodwill but haven't gotten them there yet. If anyone needs something let me know and I can take some pics.

This is a wonderful Idea !
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Angie. I'm currently a size 22, 2X, XXL, depending on the brand. I'm down from tight 26/28s. Unfortunately, I just went through my dresser a few weeks ago & got rid of some stuff. But, I'm sur that I have more lurking about & I'm hoping to be able to get rid of these pants in a few weeks. Honestly, I have way more skirts than pants, and I've been taking them in, but I won't be able to do that for much longer.
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!! My name is Tara and I live in Ventura, California. I like many of you started in 26/28 when I was 285. I don't have any of those sizes but I do have some other varying sizes. I had bagged up some stuff awhile back and will rummage through it again this weekend and pull out the good stuff. I know there are Lane Bryant dress pants in there I might have worn once :) and with the holidays coming I have a lovely black velour Lane Bryant jacket in there size 20 maybe.

Oh right now I am in Lane Bryant size 18 pants and can fit in some 14/16 tops. Most of my clothes are Lane Bryant because didn't have anywhere else to really shop :(

This is such a great idea and thanks to Elizabeth for getting this group together. Everyone feel free to add me!! :flowerforyou:
  • jewelsbehm
    jewelsbehm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Julie and I live in Anchorage, Alaska. Like a few others, I've already gotten rid of a lot of clothing that's too big or that I just don't like after all. But there are still some things I need to get rid of and there will be more in the future. :)

Now I'm all excited to go home and start sorting through clothing again, LOL! When I started out, I was in 30/32 and some 26/28, plus - depending on brand - 4x to a 5 x. Now I'm down to 24, sometimes a 22, and mostly 2x. I'm hoping to pick up a few more things when I'm in Vegas and I'll have to clear out room. :)
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm Meredith and am currently located in southern Maine - the non-Moose filled part lol. I started out in 26 size pants and 2XL pants. I've recently gotten down to XL shirts and size 18/20 pants. I'll look through my stash later tonight, I'm sure I have a few pair of pants I can ship off. I've kept a few things back to use for pictures when I'm down to my goal weight next year,lol.
  • wizbeth1218
    Options
    I've kept a few things back to use for pictures when I'm down to my goal weight next year,lol.

Oh oh oh! That is SUCH a good point! You are my hero for reminding me of that! Thank you thank you thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Kristy from Rockville, Maryland (right outside DC). I'm currently a 16 long in pants (I'm 5'10). I was a healthy 10 long when i graduated high school and a 12L at the end of college. i did get to a 16 previously and have yo-yo'd between a 14 and 16 for the past couple years. It seems to take forever for me to change sizes! It was one of those things that was nice when putting on the weight - and the reason it took me awhile to realize I was gaining - but conversely it takes longer for it to be noticeable when I'm losing. :-/
  • Lyndelee
    Lyndelee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lynn from North Central Texas, just north of Dallas. I started in a size 24-26 and I'm now down to 14-16. I have given all of my 22-24-26 clothes to a friend that's doing MFP with me, but I do have some size 18 jeans and some XL shirts that I can put on here. She's not quite there yet, but she can get swapping too!! This is such a great idea!! Thanks, Elizabeth!
  • ckchilz1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kristi in West Virginia. I'm just out of a 26/28, into a loose 22/24-depending on material/brand. I do have a few items to post. I'm in search of a pair of pants that go with a shirt, and will post the outfit.
    I reviewed the "guidelines". What sort of mailing would we use? For example-do we do "If it fits it ships?" or what. I've never done something like this but think it's awesome. Great idea.
  • wizbeth1218
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kristi in West Virginia. I'm just out of a 26/28, into a loose 22/24-depending on material/brand. I do have a few items to post. I'm in search of a pair of pants that go with a shirt, and will post the outfit.
    I reviewed the "guidelines". What sort of mailing would we use? For example-do we do "If it fits it ships?" or what. I've never done something like this but think it's awesome. Great idea.

I would say that since we are shipping at our own expense, then the shipper can decide how to send it. I would probably do a Tyvek envelope (I think that's what they are called - those really strong but thin plastic-type envelopes?) or a padded envelope. If I am shipping multiple pieces of clothing I imagine it would be cheaper to do a flat-rate priority mail box.

I didn't think about guidelines for shipping. That might be something we address in more detail as we get more actively swapping.
  • angel4nature
    angel4nature Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Amanda from Matanuska Valley, Alaska. I am currently in 24/22 pants and 2x/3x tops. I have some smaller items but not many for my current size so just trying to get out of current size.