Fast Food Be Gone Challenge! - NOVEMBER

Options
The fast food challenge is to not eat fast food for at least 25 days. If you can do more good, if less at least you are mindful of it and can keep on trying until get it right. The ultimate goal is to seldom eat fast foods.

This challenge is open to anyone who wants to join. We just keep a running tally of the month's days without fast foods. Some have stated they want to throw in sweets and junk foods. That is your option.

You know what your fast food is so we leave it up to you to determine it. For me if I make a healthy selection at a fast food restaurant I do not count that day as eating fast food. So if I go to McDonald's and have a chicken salad, that means I made it without ordering fries or hamburger. Another example is Panda Express. Even though Panda Express is a fast food joint they have many healthy options. So if I order anything that is not fried including egg rolls I do not count that day as eating fast food. Hope this helps you decide what is going to be a no FF days for you.

As of November 1, 2012: -- (State your personal monthly goal here if any)

Me (Please use your user name) - 0
FF Monster - 0

Replies

• jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012: -- No more fast food, ever

Jenniferinfl - 0
    FF Monster - 0

My 40 year old cousin recently died of a massive heart attack, he was a fit construction worker who didn't know he had a problem. He dropped dead on the job. He was more than my cousin, his mom is my dad's sister and his dad is my mom's brother. Confused yet? Yeah, we probably share enough genetics to resemble siblings in a DNA test. I had heart problems while pregnant with my daughter which we thought were resolved after her birth, but, I haven't had insurance for two years now and finally checked my heart rate and blood pressure on my own and they're still pretty bad.

Anyhow, funny thing is, I eat very healthy at home, but have a lot of trouble passing a McDonalds. Even if I eat right before I leave the house, I'm hungry as soon as I get in the car. While a lot of people can probably eat fast food once a week and stick with that, I can't. If I eat it once, I'm back to stopping there everyday. Even picking a healthy option doesn't work for me because the next time I go I get a salad and a fry, and then the next time I get a salad and a fry and a burger and it's over for me.. lol

My only exception is going to be an iced coffee at Dunkin Donuts. For whatever reason, I can resist the stuff at Dunkin Donuts because the sandwiches cost too much and the donuts are stale by the time I'm passing.. lol It will still just be a weekend treat, so, here's hoping it sticks this time.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your cousin Jennifer! Welcome to our small group here. You are right about once you cave in. I used to be like that but now I can manage to have fast food one day and get back on track the next day. I can now even incorporate it into my calories some days. Hope you find this group and challenge helpful.

Please see our conversation link also: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/653838-fast-food-be-gone-conversation-thread-2012
  • Skatha89
    Skatha89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have 1 month roughly to my due date and have been really trying hard to change out eating habits as a family because my toddler has picked up our bad habits of french fries.

As of November 1, 2012: -- Only healthy choices (subway, panera), no places that sale fries.

Skatha89 - 0
    FF Monster - 0
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012: -- Goal 25 or more days without fast foods.

Hearts:heart: - 0 bouncy_smiley.gif

FF Monster - 0 4fvgdaq_th.gif
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I'm in. I have 1 month roughly to my due date and have been really trying hard to change out eating habits as a family because my toddler has picked up our bad habits of french fries.

As of November 1, 2012: -- Only healthy choices (subway, panera), no places that sale fries.

Skatha89 - 0
    FF Monster - 0
    Skatha89:flowerforyou: Congrats on working on this not only for yourself but to teach by example!
    jenniferinfl:flowerforyou: Glad you've joined us as well, I am so very sorry about your cousin Hon!:heart:

So glad you're both here:heart: that you've both decided to join the challenge of giving up/limiting or simply working on being more aware of what types of foods go into your body! You'll be amazed by the awareness it creates, it pretty much ruined eating junk for me!:laugh: Which is a good thing!:tongue:

Keeping count helps me stay accountable, something about writing down at the end of the day helps me throughout the day decide if it's truly worth it. Ahh and then there's those moments where your mind seems not to be engaged and you find yourself eating something not planned... those days are fewer and fewer because of me learning to think first and plan, plan, plan before I leave my house! We've all had those times and they seem to be much farther and few nowadays staying accountable by joining up with a great group of Ladies I've met in the FF Challenge.

Please see our conversation link also: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/653838-fast-food-be-gone-conversation-thread-2012 I'll check in there every couple days to see how everyone is doing and cheer you all on! :bigsmile: :drinker:

Hearts:heart:
  • krunchykat
    krunchykat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Welcome jenniferinfl and Skatha89! I'm back! We are back to being a 2 computer family and I can finally hog a machine without having someone whining that they need it. :drinker:

I feel like I'm starting all over again today. My doctor made me switch to the mini pill in August because I was turning 35 and it's made me miserable for the last 3 months. I've done nothing but struggle and I'm sick of it. I'm taking my last pill on Saturday and trying to get a tubal so I don't ever have to deal with taking hormones again. I'm getting back on the train today, but I know it's still gonna be a struggle until I get my body adjusted to no additional hormones at all. I just want to feel normal again!!!

krunchykat - 0
    FF Monster - 0
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

Hearts:heart: - 1 bouncy_smiley.gif

• krunchykat
    krunchykat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012 - No more than 5 days with fast food.

krunchykat - 1
    FF Monster - 0
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Mollie - 1
    FF Monster - 0
  • jenniferinfl
    Options
    Jenniferinfl - 1 Booyah fast food.. lol.. (Yeah, I actually took ten minutes longer running errands so that I wouldn't pass a fast food establishment)
    FF Monster - 0
  • Skatha89
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012: -- Only healthy choices

Skatha89 - 0
    FF Monster - 1

I bombed on day 1. We were running errands and I, out of no where, got so hungry. I felt like I was going to pass out/throw up. Tomorrow when I go grocery shopping, I'll buy some snack stuff to throw into my bag.
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options

meeaham - 1
    FF Monster - 0

Welcome Jenniferinfl and Skatha89 to our no FF Challenge!!! It's always so exciting to see new people! =)

I'm so sorry about your loss Jennifer. =( Hope you're doing ok.

No FF for me today but I kinda went overboard on the Halloween candy today. =/ I have such a sweet tooth! I'm going to cut down to one piece of candy tomorrow and then gradually move away to no candy at all! I need to stock up on some fruit again! lol

Mollie, Hearts, and Kat: Good seeing you guys again!

Let's make November a good one! We got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    No FF for me today but I kinda went overboard on the Halloween candy today. =/ I have such a sweet tooth! I'm going to cut down to one piece of candy tomorrow and then gradually move away to no candy at all! I need to stock up on some fruit again! lol
    Hey Meea!! Good to see you back!

I too had a lot of candy this week, but I am done today!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Mollie - 1
    FF Monster - 1
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Jenniferinfl - 1 Booyah fast food.. lol.. (Yeah, I actually took ten minutes longer running errands so that I wouldn't pass a fast food establishment)
    FF Monster - 0
    Good plan!! Whatever works right? :bigsmile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

Hearts:heart: - 3bouncy_smiley.gif

• Skatha89
    Options

Skatha89 - 0
    FF Monster - 2

I am not doing good lol packing snacks now that we've hit the grocery store for our errands this afternoon which we'll only leave AFTER I eat lunch.
  • jenniferinfl
    Options
    JenniferinFL - 3
    Fastfood monster - 0

I did get a chicken soft taco at taco bell today, but at only 170 calories, figure that doesn't count as fast food. I had brought a snack, but errands ended up taking a couple hours longer than anticipated. I had already given myself a free pass on the iced coffee from dunkin donuts, so, overall still pretty good. Going to the fair tonight, but we're only bringing enough cash to get our daughter her first cotton candy, nothing for us. :)

We did our grocery shopping on the way home, so I'm going to bring some bananas and homemade chicken tacos to snack on while there.
  • Skatha89
    Options

Skatha89 - 1
    FF Monster - 2

Ha! Finally got a day!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Mollie - 1
    FF Monster - 3
This discussion has been closed.