Small rant/funny

Options
Kitsada
Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
Starbucks is one of the things I've avoided since starting to try to lose, since I love only the carmel frappe, things like that. I have one once in awhile, like one a month, a treat. (I don't really care for coffee unless its souped up with sugar or cream or booze.)

Its pumpkin spice latte season, and I couldn't let it go by without having one. The girl working behind the counter was approx 20, asian, very tiny/slim/petite. I asked her to make it 'light', to use skim milk, and less pumps of the pumpkin stuff.

Girl: "What do you have diabetes or something?" (clearly perplexed)

Me: "No, I'm just trying to lose weight"

Girl: "Oh, okay, I TOTALLY understand." (yeah right)

She goes to make the coffee, is quiet for a moment, obviously thinking, then...

Girl: "I know its harder for older people to lose weight."

I started to laugh. Me: "Wait a minute, did you just call me old, AND fat??"

She about had heart failure, it was so funny.... Girl: "Oh no no no... I just meant, older than meeee!!!"

I got a really good laugh out of this. :D I'm still laughing, every time i think of her face...

Replies

• kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Oh dear!! LOL! She must of been so embarrassed! Glad you said something though!
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Hilarious! She's lucky she said that to someone with a sense of humor! Some people would have been pissed! I would have done just what you did and laughed my tush off... hey, good workout maybe?
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I know how she feels, I went to a bonfire / firework do last night and one of my friends was looking in the mirror in the toilets, and said "Oh dear, I wish I hadn't looked in this bright light" to which I replied, "Don't worry it's dark outside" Duh! I apologised and told her she looked fine!
  • Rosezilla
    Options
    This is great! Reminds me of a time my hubby and I went to a fast-food place, and the young cashier took our order, then turned to her supervisor and said, "How do you do the senior discount?" The supervisor looked at us, and said, "Why do you ask?" "Because," said the cashier, gesturing to us, "they look old!" The supervisor was horrified, but my husband and I couldn't stop laughing. She wasn't even being mean, just trying to give the old folks a break... we are barely in our 50s so it was really funny.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I know how she feels, I went to a bonfire / firework do last night and one of my friends was looking in the mirror in the toilets, and said "Oh dear, I wish I hadn't looked in this bright light" to which I replied, "Don't worry it's dark outside" Duh! I apologised and told her she looked fine!

This is great! Reminds me of a time my hubby and I went to a fast-food place, and the young cashier took our order, then turned to her supervisor and said, "How do you do the senior discount?" The supervisor looked at us, and said, "Why do you ask?" "Because," said the cashier, gesturing to us, "they look old!" The supervisor was horrified, but my husband and I couldn't stop laughing. She wasn't even being mean, just trying to give the old folks a break... we are barely in our 50s so it was really funny.

I seriously can't stop laughing at these!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • murphette2
    murphette2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Funny!!!!:laugh:
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    :noway: Hilarious! :laugh:
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm crying!!!! This is the best thing all week! !!!!!!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    lolololol!!!