Films to look forward to in 2013

Options
As I'm in need of a distraction to keep me from falling asleep at work today I thought I'd ponder next years releases. Will it be a good year for Sci Fi or comic book movies? What are you guys looking forward to seeing be it a summer block buster or a little indie movie? And what films are you dreading? Has a studio butchered one of your favourite novels and you await it's release just hoping and praying it's a 2 star movie at the very least?

Replies

• ThatNeuroGuy
    ThatNeuroGuy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In before... "The Hobbit" =P Although I guess that's still a 2012 film technically. ;)
  • PJYoung2012mk2
    Options
    In before... "The Hobbit" =P Although I guess that's still a 2012 film technically. ;)

Oh I think for the Hobbit I can make an exception!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Die Hard
    Iron Man 3
    The Wolverine
    Star Trek
    Kick *kitten* 2
    Worl War Z
    300 Rise of an Empire
    Sin City 2
    Thor 2
    The Tomb - maybe
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Die Hard
    Iron Man 3
    The Wolverine
    Star Trek
    Kick *kitten* 2
    World War Z
    300 Rise of an Empire

Thor 2

^^^^ this is why we are friends

Also wanna see The new superman I mean it cant be as bad as the last one
  • ThatNeuroGuy
    Options
    There are rumors of a second The Hobbit movie... "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1170358/)
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    There are rumors of a second The Hobbit movie... "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1170358/)

as in a second one after the three parts?
  • ThatNeuroGuy
    Options

as in a second one after the three parts?

I think it's the 2nd of the Hobbit trilogy. It at least fits with the storyline that I can remember... having not read the Hobbit in about a decade.
  • PJYoung2012mk2
    Options
    It seems I'm in good company in this group and that 2013 is going to be a year to look forward to. As for me well erm where to start. Superhero movies are a favourite of mine and next summer we'll have new Captain America and Thor movies to look forward to. Plus of course my favourite superhero Iron Man will return. It's the first movie not directed by Jon Favreau. As directors go I think he's fine but lacks the edge that a really great Iron Man film should have. Judging from the trailer part 3 has that edge and more, Shane Black was an inspired choice of director and I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do. In the Sci Fi blockbuster movie department I'm really looking to the sight of human piloted giant robots fighting equally giant sea monsters in Pacific Rim. There's tonnes of cool movies now i think about it. I'd add Man of Steel, Star Trek into Darkness, Despicable Me 2 and Sin City 2 to that list.
    As for movies I'm dreading well that has to be World War Z. I love the book and have the cd's too. Reports of rifts on the set and the fact that almost nothing of the book has made it into the film has me worried. The author Max Brooks has disowned it and says he's had nothing to do with the film. Hate it when the rights to novels are sold and only the title remains, sucks.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Die Hard
    Iron Man 3
    The Wolverine
    Star Trek
    Kick *kitten* 2
    Worl War Z
    300 Rise of an Empire
    Sin City 2
    Thor 2
    The Tomb - maybe

Kick *kitten* 2.... *heads to google* I must know more about this
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    adding to Mruntidy

Movie 43
    The Lone Ranger (curious)
    Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters
    Evil Dead (yep, they are doing a remake)
    Knights of Badassdom (if they ever release it)
    Ender's Game
    Mama
    Frankenstein
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    ill pass on Thor 2.

but Ender's Game is a movie that I (and im sure many of you) have been waiting for for a long time.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    ill pass on Thor 2.

but Ender's Game is a movie that I (and im sure many of you) have been waiting for for a long time.

Wait their making and ender's game movie. Ok I just bounced up and down in my chair and squeeled like I was 6yrs old. Also heard they are remaking childs play (chucky) but that the guy who did the voice of chucky had agreed to do this movie to
  • PJYoung2012mk2
    Options
    ill pass on Thor 2.

Wait their making and ender's game movie. Ok I just bounced up and down in my chair and squeeled like I was 6yrs old. Also heard they are remaking childs play (chucky) but that the guy who did the voice of chucky had agreed to do this movie to

Oh good, you can't have a new chucky movie without Brad Dourif.
  • littlemsmetal
    Options
    They're supposed to be remaking Evil Dead...still not sure how I feel about that one. Lol.
  • Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    As for movies I'm dreading well that has to be World War Z. I love the book and have the cd's too. Reports of rifts on the set and the fact that almost nothing of the book has made it into the film has me worried. The author Max Brooks has disowned it and says he's had nothing to do with the film. Hate it when the rights to novels are sold and only the title remains, sucks.

I was excited when I heard they were making WWZ into a movie. Now not so much. I have a feeling it will be horrible. Its a shame because I love the book. It might make a better mini series. Do they make those anymore? I might have to read that one again. I love me some zombie stories.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Hmm. As much as I liked the books, an Ender's Game movie makes me wary.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731141/

I may have to put that on my "wait for the DVD rental" list.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Dispicable me 2.
  • PJYoung2012mk2
    Options

I was excited when I heard they were making WWZ into a movie. Now not so much. I have a feeling it will be horrible. Its a shame because I love the book. It might make a better mini series. Do they make those anymore? I might have to read that one again. I love me some zombie stories.

WWZ was almost written to be a mini series. And look at the success of The Walking Dead. It would be so easy. A different character telling their part of the WWZ story. But no Brad Pitt got hold of it and they stripped it down till their was nothing left of the novel but the title. The fact that the Battle of Yonkers will never make it onto the screen is just sad :-(.
  • Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    WWZ was almost written to be a mini series. And look at the success of The Walking Dead. It would be so easy. A different character telling their part of the WWZ story. But no Brad Pitt got hold of it and they stripped it down till their was nothing left of the novel but the title. The fact that the Battle of Yonkers will never make it onto the screen is just sad :-(.

The Brititsh have short TV series which are longer than a mini series but not mulitple years. One year to tell the whole story would be amazing. Too bad we have no say in this sort of thing. Back a few years/decades I was impressed at what they did with The Stand. That would have been horrible as a Theater movie. I think they feel they will not get the money making a TV show/movie. Very sad.
  • PJYoung2012mk2
    Options

The Brititsh have short TV series which are longer than a mini series but not mulitple years. One year to tell the whole story would be amazing. Too bad we have no say in this sort of thing. Back a few years/decades I was impressed at what they did with The Stand. That would have been horrible as a Theater movie. I think they feel they will not get the money making a TV show/movie. Very sad.

I remember the stand from my youth I think, with Rob Lowe and Ed Harris wasn't it? I do remember reading something about a movie version being a possibility. I struggle with King's writing style and don't hold out much hope for the movie version of Cell.