Anxiety & Panic disorder forever?

Options
Mizzgena05
Mizzgena05 Posts: 22 Member
I've yet to met a person who can say" i USE to have aniexty or panic attacks" it has me concerned there's no way out & that i will be dealing with this forever i feel like i just ran head first into a brick wall. so much is going on in my head. i just want things to be normal again urghhhhhh this is me venting i suppose

Replies

• gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I hear you !

Venting is a good start for getting it out of the head. We don't want it to stay there so make sure we take care of that too.

Open to hear what people do to turn it around.
  • martymays
    martymays Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I used to have it a lot worse than I do now, but I do still have it. Getting enough sleep, eating right, exercising, along with the meds help it a lot. I hope to be over it one day, but in reality, I realize that I'm probably stuck with it in some form for the rest of my life.
  • Mizzgena05
    Options
    That's what I'm scared of most that this will be apart of my life in some way forever , it's hard to deal with
    I used to have it a lot worse than I do now, but I do still have it. Getting enough sleep, eating right, exercising, along with the meds help it a lot. I hope to be over it one day, but in reality, I realize that I'm probably stuck with it in some form for the rest of my life.
  • Mizzgena05
    Options
    Venting is the best I do a lot of it lately lol
    I hear you !

Venting is a good start for getting it out of the head. We don't want it to stay there so make sure we take care of that too.

Open to hear what people do to turn it around.
  • AnotherAustinGirl
    AnotherAustinGirl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I went several years off meds with no panic attacks, not sure why. They did come back, and again, not sure why.

I have noticed that when I exercise regularly, I can take a lower dose (25 instead of 50 mg nortriptyline) and not have any attacks. When I slack off the exercise, they start coming back. I think it must be some brain chemistry thing that exercise helps with. Just a theory, I'm certainly no doctor!
  • Mizzgena05
    Options
    Several years is good, i tend to go a few months at the most with out them
    I went several years off meds with no panic attacks, not sure why. They did come back, and again, not sure why.

I have noticed that when I exercise regularly, I can take a lower dose (25 instead of 50 mg nortriptyline) and not have any attacks. When I slack off the exercise, they start coming back. I think it must be some brain chemistry thing that exercise helps with. Just a theory, I'm certainly no doctor!
  • Sky_Of_Aegis
    Options
    Just be careful without meds. I have been off them for about 5 years, and until recently, I had an anxiety relapse. I am alright now. I am a very resistful person when it comes to my mental problems, but even the strongest mind can be overwhelmed. Personally I would try smaller and smaller doses to test the waters, especially because I don't want to see anyone else end up like me.
  • Dani_Davies23
    Options
    I went four or so years without full blown panic attacks but I was on medication. I did have some anxiety and issues I never dealt with. I tend to obsess about things. My last weight loss brought on the panic attacks again and I decided to do something about it. I went to CBT which really helped me. I was fine for a year or so. Recently I've been struggling again for about six or so months but it gets a bit better each day.

Accepting that I have a chronic disorder made me super depressed at first. I felt hopeless and so angry that I would have to deal with this for my entire life.
    But then I started looking around and realizing everyone I know has some health issue they are struggling with. A bad back to asthma. So I don't feel so alone.
    Oh and really believing in myself that anxiety did not mean I was handicap or crazy.