Arm issues

Options
Does anyone else have larger arms? I'm 5'9 1/2 and have really long arms and larger hands, but it seems like no matter what weight I'm at I always have really thick arms. Same thing with my calves. I know part of it is I'm currently overweight, but even when I was 40 pounds thinner I still had problems finding shirts with sleeves that weren't too tight. Is this just me or do other tall girls have this problem?

Replies

• Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I'm also 5' 9 1/2". I find that my arms are always too thin looking. I know I need to incorporate more weights. I do, however, have issues with finding clothes to fit because I have broad shoulders but a thin waist and long torso. So if I buy shirts to fit across my shoulders they are baggy, and if I buy them to fit my waist I feel like the sleeves are cutting my armpits in half. And let's not get started on sleeve length! :wink:
  • LizGozza
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and a medium (but overweight) frame. I still dont struggle too much with calf size but tight sleeves have always been an issue for me. I take it you are large chested?
  • lauralee1987
    Options
    Actually, I'm very small chested (the one part of my body that's petite). My mom is 5'10 and has a similar build and tells me that even when she weighed 120 back in college she still had larger arms and calves.
    Back when I was at 165 I could wear mediums easily but would still have to go up a size for anything with long sleeves.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' but feel like I'm kind of heavy all over...not huge...just too much bulk. My arms have always been bigger and also my legs...just the way it is. I know if I can lose these 20 lbs that they'll obviously go down...but I'll never have sinewy arms and legs. I'm built more like a tennis/volleyball player vs a ballerina. I'm strong and have muscle...which Iove...just want to lose the weight covering the muscles and firm up the rest! :bigsmile:
  • LizGozza
    Options
    ah, the chest part adds to my equation unfortunately.
    I think that with us being taller, we just tend to have larger standards then most. Most womens clothing it made off of a base model that is a size 0-4 and 5'1-5'5 depending on brand, then for the larger sizes they just add inches across and a TINY amount to length.
    Its irritating to say the least.
  • berry83sweet
    berry83sweet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I feel I have willowy arms. at my goal weight. My arms seem normal right now, fat wide butt and thighs for sure, I always feel I have big legs tho