Do you ever get bored?

Options
lem_orc29
lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
Hello! I'm fairly new to Leslie, just discovering her mid-October. I've done the 2-mile Walk Away the Pounds DVD and just recently purchased the 4-Mile Power Walk. I usually alternate doing the 2-mile Classic Walk and the full 4-miles. This week, though, I kind of started to get a little bored. Is this something others have experienced? Do you have any tips for breaking the boredom? Last night, I played the DVD on really low volume on my laptop while I had the tv on, and that helped a little bit, but about the first mile, I noticed that I was paying way more attention to the TV than to Leslie!

Maybe I just need more of the DVDs so I have some variety? I'm considering purchasing the 5-Day Walk Plan DVD, and see that it's gotten some good reviews in this group. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I do the 5 mile Fat Burning DVD and it's challenging to me still...so I never get bored LOL. Variety is good though, so trying a different DVD might be a good idea!
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Luckily, Leslie's DVDs don't bore me. Check your local library to see if you can check out some of Leslie's other DVDs. Maybe trying them will motivate you to buy new ones.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    I do other peoples dvd (other than Leslie I mean). It is a change from routine and exercises different parts of the body too. There are loads free on youtube so another bonus.
  • lem_orc29
    Options
    Thanks, Ladies! I'm doing two Jillian Michaels DVDs in addition to Leslie. I think I've decided to order the 5-Day Walk Plan (my Target didn't have it in stock...boo) and see if that helps. I think just having a different routine every day will make a huge difference!
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do because I only have 3 DVDs right now. There are 15 free videos available at Leslie's
    website that you can use if you join her free walk club, Walk Social. The other thing I like to do
    is use Leslie's moves to my own music! A really good rock or club beat gets me going!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Hi lem_orc29, lots of good ideas here for you already.

In answer to your specific question... No I have never gotten bored with the Leslie Sansone walk DVDs. I have been at this since April of this year. I believe that variety is the key for me. I have a number of DVDs, and I also borrow them from my local library. This is good for variety and I also use the library it to try before I buy. Some of the DVDs also have a music only option when I don't want to listen to instructions. This adds its own kind of variety to a workout.

I also just posted in the topic "Which (Leslie Sansone) DVD Are You Using Now" with some other ideas and websites where you can read reviews and information about other Leslie DVDs or other exercise DVDs. Recently, as I have gotten stronger and have more endurance, I have begun to include other instructor's walking and/ or other kind of exercise DVDs into my line up.

You have to know your own personality, and what works for you, to figure out which type of exercise works best for you.

Wishing you the best in your quest for being healthy- with fitness and strength. :flowerforyou:
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have 5 dvds and know them pretty well now.
    We mute the dvd on the laptop and place it in front of the tv.
    We watch pre-recortded shows/whatever we want and follow the dvd
    It works well for us once we became used to it.
  • lem_orc29
    Options
    Luthien--I started doing that too. It does seem to help!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I've been using Leslie's videos since '01 and no I never get bored of them! I have a huge collection of her videos and rotate them all.

You may want to throw in 2 min jogging intervals, several of them, that might help.

Wish u well
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Netflix by mail has loads of Leslie Sansone DVDs .... I joined just for the exercise videos. After a few months I figured out which DVDs I liked & quit.

Collagevideo.com is a good place to find video clips & reviews for DVDs

There are other walking videos too (not just Leslie) ..... some to look for (old & new)
    Prevention (brand name) - instructors are Chris Freytag, Ellen Barrett, Michelle Dozois
    Exercise TV - Chris Freytag
    Gaiam - Debbie Rocker, Madeline Lewis
    Debra Mazda - Shapely Girl
    George Foreman (Petra Kolber) Walk it Off with George
    Kim Lyons - Jenny Craig
    Ellen Barrett - Weight Watchers
    Biggest Loser - Bob Harper
    Stott Pilates - PJ O'Clair
    Kathy Smith - Rejuvenation series, March to Fitness, Matrix Method
    Denise Austin - Blast Away Indoor Walk

I'm sure I am missing some others ..................

I like to mute the sound & use an MP3 player with Leslie videos .... BPM range is 140's to mid 150's.

jogfm.com will give you a list of songs for your walking pace