loss of pet

Options
Hi I'm Trisha and a newbe I did start a month or two ago then lost all interest while dealing with my beloved cat Dallas as he went through cancer and finally I had to have him put to sleep this knocked me off balance and broke my heart and I am finding it hard to get back into looking after myself better. It seems trivial in comparison to my Dallas and his death. I do have other cats and its for them I want to be fitter and healthier.

Replies

• Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I lost one of my cats to cancer earlier this year. It hit us all pretty hard, especially the other remaining cat. We thought she would die too when she decided to hide and wouldn't come out to eat. She's back to her old self now though. I completely understand how losing a pet can knock you off balance.

Still, taking care of yourself is not a trivial thing, and it's something you need now more than ever. Try to keep up with what you can and don't beat yourself up for having an off day.

-offers lots of hugs!-
  • AraLiaMoonBeam
    Options
    well, it does not do your lost cat any good for you to not take care of yourself! maybe dedicate your workouts- the energy generated- to your cat's moving into the next realm with ease and grace, saying goodbye, etc. the energy we create when working out can fuel intentions quite nicely. <3
  • MercurialScribes
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss... I lost one of my dogs almost four years ago now, and it sent me into a spiral of depression and self-destructive behavior that I am still trying to crawl out of. I know how everything seems trivial after losing a pet... but they would never want us to suffer because of them. They would want us to succeed, and being healthy and fit is a big part of that. You will not be able to care for your present and possible future pets if you don't take care of yourself. I hope you can get back on track... we are here for you :)

-G
  • mamalangz8
    Options
    Big hugs, Trisha... I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Know that you're not alone so you can get back on the path where you want to be. Be gentle with yourself.