Challenge Week 2 (Nov 5-11)

Options
Happy Monday, ya'll! Its time to check in and start our new week! Remember when posting your stats use the start weight/current weight/goal weight format.

Last week we focused on just getting into the habit of checking in with MFP daily, and participants were asked to either update their status daily and/or leave supportive comments for people on our friends list. How did that go for you? This week lets get into the nitty gritty of MFP and focus this week on tracking our food.

If you are new, don't worry about missing the first week, just jump in wherever and get going! Everyone is welcome!

Oh! If you have a suggestion for a weekly focus let me know :-) I would love to get input!

Replies

• prncesschic
    prncesschic Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi! Happy Monday to everyone:) I did good commenting on everyone! And I also logged in every day! Ok, now my stats :182.8/ 210/ 172. Ok, I think I did that right
  • tljennin1
    Options
    Another Monday morning!! So my stats are 205/172.4/157. I think I posted or commented on something everyday but my mind isn't as sharp as it use to be lol! I've set new goals for myself this week to shake things up for me and work different muscles in my body. As my status says I'll be starting a couch to 5k program this week using it 3 days a week and also using the Nike training app at least twice a week to add more variety to my workout. I know I'm going to be sore this weak but I know with soreness comes muscles which burn fat equaling weight loss. I'll endure the pain to get back into my prepregnancy clothes. Good luck everyone and drink water!
  • YippieSkippy
    Options
    195.6/197/180.6.

Ugh, I am up a little this week. I think it is probably water, or mostly water as I had more salt than usual...of course if I had been more diligent about tracking I could better pinpoint this but....ahhh well, lesson learned.

Today is my first PP appt and I don't have childcare so I am a little nervous about that, I am sure my LO is going to cry mercilessly throughout the appt, but I am just going to trust I am not the first patient to have to bring their newborn with them and everyone will cope.

tljennin1--good luck on your c2k5 program! I started it just before I became pregnant and enjoyed it (ok I did not particuarly enjoy running but I enjoyed doing something new).

prncesschic--making great progress!!

Ok, off to go log my breakfast, ttyl
  • ZanaZana2012
    ZanaZana2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    162/160/155

I got into MFP a lot more last week that I had been. I was commenting here and there, but last week I made sure to comment everyday and as much as possible. I have been getting great motiviation from the feedback I am getting from you all (so thanks for that, everyone!) so hopefully everyone else is as well.

Carlorie wise last week started well, but went downhill at the end. I was really blah over the weekend which really sabotages me. Mostly becuase I am supposed to start working from home a few hours a day today, and then go back to work full time in 3 weeks. I am dreading it soooo. :( But, I am feeling much better today so hope to get a great start to the week!

Keep up the great work ladies!

YippieSkippy - Don't stress over LO at your appointment. I am sure they have seen (and heard) it all! If they are going to cry, they will cry, and stressing only makes it worse for us (easier said than done, I know!). My first cried through the appointment, so it happens. Luckily, if your OB is anything like mine your exam will be super quick. Good luck!

Off to log in to work.... :(:(:(:(
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    171.8/170.4/150

I did okay this week, I logged in every day and commented a few times. I will be better this week! Just started a new b/c last week, so my body is all crazy.. I'm hoping it'll start to be normal soon. Good luck this week ladies!

P.S. My LO gets her first shots tomorrow, so NOT looking forward to that :(
  • kellimiller1
    kellimiller1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hope to be better this week then last. last week I started back at work and took DS to daycare- so it was sort of tough. But I started back to working out at the gym this morning ( hubby had to take Ryker to daycare- which will be his job now in the mornings) and hopefully can get back into the swing of things.

So todays check in- 218.5/221/195. Im down a little bit, probably mostly from breastfeeding. Hopefully with the exercising now, it will keep going down steadily.

my problem is and hopefully you all can help me- when I lost all my wt before for my wedding ( I dropped like 50# in 4 months) I was basically eating 1200, exercising 700- so I was losing bigtime. I know they say that you should always eat what you lost in calories- but I never understood that- how would you lose weight then??? So whats a good amt of cals for me to go with? I want to lose weight, but I dont want to lose my milk production.
  • mrs_mcclure
    Options
    Happy Monday! This weeks stats: 200.3/194.2/185.3. I had a great weight loss week but I don't think I will lose that much in one week again. I think I did pretty well with logging into MFP to post updates and comment on friends updates. I love all the encouragement and support going around! It is so helpful and motivating. I totally have the eating healthy thing done but I suck at eating enough calories. My goal this week is to eat more. A weird goal to have while trying to lose weight but this isn't the first time I've needed to do this (I wasn't bfing last time so I didn't worry about it).
  • emsays
    emsays Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will update my numbers tomorrow, I didn't have time to WI this morning.

Last week started strong, but then life intervened and I struggled. This week is not getting off to a much better start! (I'm having one of *those* Mondays.) I'm fighting the urge to write off this week and "start fresh" next Monday, which is SO RIDICULOUS!! The day's not even over yet!! Argh. I think my problem in a nutshell is:

1. I eat (poorly) to deal with stress.
    2. I experience stress.
    3. I eat poorly.
    4. I'm a perfectionist.
    5. #3 happens and #4 makes me want to throw in the towel and start again so I can be "perfect."

This cycle needs to change. I cannot change #2 -- I am a worker, student, wife, mother, daughter, friend... I'm going to experience stress! But the rest I can change, and I will change! Hopefully becoming aware of the cycle will be half the battle in stopping it.

Here's to a successful Week 2 for everyone!!
  • YippieSkippy
    Options
    I feel you on the perfectionist thing, it trips me up all the time. A friend introduced me to the phrase "perfection is the enemy of progress" and I try to remind myself of that when I get all hung up on doing things just right.
  • YippieSkippy
    Options

my problem is and hopefully you all can help me- when I lost all my wt before for my wedding ( I dropped like 50# in 4 months) I was basically eating 1200, exercising 700- so I was losing bigtime. I know they say that you should always eat what you lost in calories- but I never understood that- how would you lose weight then??? So whats a good amt of cals for me to go with? I want to lose weight, but I dont want to lose my milk production.

I dont know the answer to that, for me, I have just been monitoring my production and if it appears to take a dip then increasing my cals would probably the first thing I would to do see if production improved. Im sure someone has a better answer, tho.
  • ZanaZana2012
    Options

I dont know the answer to that, for me, I have just been monitoring my production and if it appears to take a dip then increasing my cals would probably the first thing I would to do see if production improved. Im sure someone has a better answer, tho.

I am no expert, but I eat back my breastfeeding calories and try not to eat back my workout calories. It seems to be working, although at most I have 300 workout calories. If you are doing a lot of working out and burining way more than that, then it might make sense to eat back some but not all. Just watch your supply, and as long as it is not affected I think it is fine. If it seems to be affected, just eat a bit more until you find the right balance.
  • ZanaZana2012
    Options
    I will update my numbers tomorrow, I didn't have time to WI this morning.

Last week started strong, but then life intervened and I struggled. This week is not getting off to a much better start! (I'm having one of *those* Mondays.) I'm fighting the urge to write off this week and "start fresh" next Monday, which is SO RIDICULOUS!! The day's not even over yet!! Argh. I think my problem in a nutshell is:

1. I eat (poorly) to deal with stress.
    2. I experience stress.
    3. I eat poorly.
    4. I'm a perfectionist.
    5. #3 happens and #4 makes me want to throw in the towel and start again so I can be "perfect."

This cycle needs to change. I cannot change #2 -- I am a worker, student, wife, mother, daughter, friend... I'm going to experience stress! But the rest I can change, and I will change! Hopefully becoming aware of the cycle will be half the battle in stopping it.

Here's to a successful Week 2 for everyone!!

I think this defines me pretty much as well! You are right, there are some things we can't change (#2) so let's focus on the things we can!!
  • emsays
    emsays Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here are my Week 2 stats, finally had a few minutes to WI this morning.

210.0/207.2/198.0

Thankfully I'm only up .2 from my WI last week -- which is great considering it's been difficult to eat healthfully and impossible to work out lately. If I don't work out, I don't lose a thing. Hopefully once my and Baby's routine settle a bit, I can figure out a workable time for exercise.