Now what?

Options
Please get a starting weight either from today or tomorrow. You don't have to post your actual weight here but keep not of it. It's up to you if you want to reset your ticker. Personally I'm not. Next Monday, I will post a weigh-in thread in this group so you can post your losses. I did say losses because I know you'll lose something. Even if it's only 2 ounces!!

Next set a course of action. How much weight do you want to lose per week? How will you achieve that. You can change your mfp settings to how much weight you want to lose per week. It will give you a daily caloric allowance that you should strive for. How about activity? You can lose weight without exercise, but it will be slow going and honestly, you'll look better toned up.

Feel free to post some tips or ideas here to help your fellow peeps!

Replies

• Rope_Jumper
    Options
    You got mine right?
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    yes I did!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Awesome! I'm going to post my weight so that I have something to look at!

Start Weight: 227

Thanks again and cannot wait to get started with all of you! Feel free to add me !
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Start weight...169.6
    10/06/12
    Ticker is at 169=28 lb. loss

I just added aqua jog to my routine. My goal is 30 min. laps then 30 min. aqua jog 4x's a week which = 4 hours minimum weekly exercise. Next Monday I will re-evaluate. I'm getting a cortisone shot in my right heel next Monday. Hopefully at that point I can add biking.
  • Rope_Jumper
    Options
    Awesome! I'm going to post my weight so that I have something to look at!

Start Weight: 227

Thanks again and cannot wait to get started with all of you! Feel free to add me !

Great plan!

SW: 266.9
  • funinthesnow
    funinthesnow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My starting weight today is 185.4.
  • If not Now ... When? If not Here ... Where? If not You ... Who ... You Who ...

Great expression to lose instead of gain, I've lost 25 lbs. and on the way down, maybe 25 more, It's approaching 6:30 am and gettin' on my bike for my daily 50 min. ride. Great way to start the day, motivate here, lose there, on the bike, feel accomplished for the day very early, and check-in later. Thank you, I'm in and after it too.
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This is very exciting! I can't wait to see how well we do in 6 weeks!!
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm Rachel and I'm game... CW 216.4
    I am shooting to lose as much as possible through this challenge/motivation.suport group!

And I think I really need this group to stay on track...off to eat a healthy breakfast and work in some sort of core work today.
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hey yall!
    I'm Ashley
    Current weight is 130
    I would love to drop 15 by new years but one thing I have noticed is that this is a slow process!
  • randy0987
    randy0987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey lady
    I am Randy
    CW195
    i am shooting for a solid 10lbs Lets make this happen
  • sara0143
    Options
    I'm in, gonna do my best to lose 10 lbs
    CW 160.8
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You better remind me every Monday !!! LOL... Gonna repost your invite on newsfeed for my peeps ... What challenges you gonna issue Chick ?! Come on !!! Keep this interesting ... Most have joined on here because they have lost motivation or are bored with exercise ... Love you girlie !!! ????
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If everyone else is posting start weight I will too ... My weight is 161.8 ...i am also starting a strength training program to tone up...a lot of my weight loss came through Leslie Sansone in home walking DVD's ( still use them when it's cold or nasty outside )I also huge you ( if you like to jog/walk ) to give the free app , C25K a try ... Love it !!! I have lost 58 lbs since Jan'11... This site is amazing and Southernchick is an awesome and amazing friend on here ... Thanks Chick !!! ????
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thanks for including me. My starting weight (Monday 11/5/2012) is 205.9 lbs.
  • SoChicNow
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm in! This is a great challenge for me. My CW-155lbs.
    I will be strength training with a personal trainer 2x/wk and doing additional cardio 1-2days/wk (LOVE Zumba).
    I'm open to any suggestions and wish everyone great success with this challenge!
  • pammy502
    Options
    Hello,

I decided just this morning to set a small goal of 15 lbs lost by New Years. I think joining this group is a great start toward that goal. Thanks for helping with the motivation piece.

Starting weight 215 lbs.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 175. I have been stuck at this weight for a while, so I'm using this to help me lose that last 10 pounds.
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Sarah and I've been off the wagon for the last year or so due to a personal tragedy in my life. I'm now ready to start taking baby steps to get back to where I was before last October and thought this was a great way to keep myself consistent and accountable. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and losing 10lbs! Let's do this!

Oh and I'm sorry, but I just saw this so I will get my starting weight tomorrow morning.
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am Maui Sue and Deb told me about this challenge because I am frustrated and have gained 7 pounds since 5/2012. I am looking forward to motivational support. I will weigh tomorrow, since I just found out about this. Success is eminent!