Newbie here!

Options
Hi all,
I'm new to this group so I am just introducing myself. My name is Deneen and I am having the VSG on January 2nd with Dr Patel in South Jersey. I am super excited and a little research crazy. I really need to take a break or my brain will explode LOL.

I am on OH forums a lot and would love to join the community here which I think could be really helpful for me to not do the food funeral business. I am a bit too far away from the surgery and I can not gain over my original VSG consult. All motivation would be fantastic. Let me friend you and stalk your diary for good food habits :)

Thanks, Dee

Replies

• actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dee! I worked with a nutritionist in the beginning, and lost the first forty-eight pounds. He told me not to worry about calorie content, but make sure I stuck with proteins; add in fruits and veggies, but leave alone all the fake carbs. I was SHOCKED after YEARs and YEARs of diets that did not work, I lost 48 pounds. Now, it still took time - like seven months, and then I had my surgery and am down over 110 pounds now!

Hang in there and don't give up! You CAN do this!

Melanie
  • mum_of_one
    Options
    Hi there, I had my VSG surgery last week, please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like :)
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say, my surgery date was 03/05/12.
  • themommyiwannabe
    themommyiwannabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm having my surgery on Monday, the 12th. Feel free to add me also. I haven't started the post surgery diet yet, but the more support we get, the easier it is.
  • caldrich001
    caldrich001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I was sleeved on 9/18/12 and have lost 42 pounds so far (pre and post op). Welcome! Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • laDeelila
    Options
    Wow that's awesome! Thanks for the welcome. I didn't see any replies for this podt lol! Gotta get it together!
  • Mlek1969
    Mlek1969 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I had my surgery last week - 11/20. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • souldancer2828
    Options
    Hello there! I'm 2 years 4 months post surgery and have lost a little over 90 lbs. I hit my -100 mark and slid back because I didn't work out for a few of months but I am back on track and steadily heading in the right direction! The VSG was definitely a fantastic decision for me and I am sure you will find it to be also. Please don't let my little set back be discouraging, it's simply a reminder that this, like any other weight loss plan, takes work to be successful!

It's a whole new world after surgery. I am running my 2nd 5K in December and actually enjoy working out now. So much has changed and I am grateful every day for this new lease on life. Please friend me if you'd like another cheerleader!

Bettina
  • laDeelila
    Options
    Thanks so much Bettina! It is fantastic that you have the motivation to get back on the horse! Congrats on that success!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was sleeved July 2011. Add me as a friend if you want and good luck with your surgery and journey.
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My surgery is scheduled for December 27, 2012. Please add me as a friend. Good luck.
  • helloitsmecami
    Options
    Hello,

My sleeve surgery is schd. for Dec. 12th and i'm down 13.5 pounds on my pre op diet. Looking forward to getting my body and health back. Live in CA any other sleevers from CA?
  • libbyd63
    libbyd63 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am having mine on 12/10! Super excited but very nervous! I am currently on my pre op diet which is not as bad as I have heard... Feel free to add me as a friend. I am sure I will need all the support I can get!
  • Auveca
    Options
    Hello everyone. Sleeved on 11/27/12, on post op day 6. Nice to see all this activity, feel free to friend!