What are some of your NSV (Non-Scale Victories)?

Options
I had my 3rd NSV (Non-Scale Victory) on yesterday. I had to buy a new belt. My old belt was too big and defeating the purpose. My 1st was my work pants and my skinny jeans getting too. My 2nd was fitting into my size 12 jeans again that I haven't been in since 2007. What are some of yours so far?

Replies

• caulejones
    Options
    That's great Angel! I've had some similar NSVs. On Thursday I pulled out a belt I haven't worn since March of this year, but my waist was well below the last buckle. All of the size 22 pants I have are too big now. When I bought them last year, I said to myself that Lane Bryant was cutting their pants smaller rather than accepting the fact that I had gained more weight. It's been such a relief being able to fit into the size 18/20s I had stored away. I used to say that they shrunk in the wash...again denying my weight gain. There are a few more skirts/pants/dresses in my closet that are still too tight to wear. So I feel like once I can get into those without holding my breath, I'll be at the real "starting point" of my weight loss journey.

I guess the greatest NSV thus far for me is taking full responsibility for my health. Although I discovered a few months ago that I had some hormonal issues that attributed to the weight gain, the lifestyle choices I make everyday have a huge impact on my health. Rather than simply take a pill to solve my problems, I chose to take a natural approach to get back in balance. Yes, it will be a longer harder road, but I know this route will have far greater benefits.
  • WynterSkeyes
    WynterSkeyes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That's great Angel! I've had some similar NSVs. On Thursday I pulled out a belt I haven't worn since March of this year, but my waist was well below the last buckle. All of the size 22 pants I have are too big now. When I bought them last year, I said to myself that Lane Bryant was cutting their pants smaller rather than accepting the fact that I had gained more weight. It's been such a relief being able to fit into the size 18/20s I had stored away. I used to say that they shrunk in the wash...again denying my weight gain. There are a few more skirts/pants/dresses in my closet that are still too tight to wear. So I feel like once I can get into those without holding my breath, I'll be at the real "starting point" of my weight loss journey.

I guess the greatest NSV thus far for me is taking full responsibility for my health. Although I discovered a few months ago that I had some hormonal issues that attributed to the weight gain, the lifestyle choices I make everyday have a huge impact on my health. Rather than simply take a pill to solve my problems, I chose to take a natural approach to get back in balance. Yes, it will be a longer harder road, but I know this route will have far greater benefits.

Congrats Caulecia. It feels good doesn't it. I wouldn't say your real starting point is when you can get in those jeans. It really started when you made up your mind that you were tired of the way you were. I can definitely feel you on the not excepting that you were gaining weight. I know I said the dryer shrunk my clothes. And when the buttons started popping off I was like what the heck is going on here. But yet I still continued to do what I was doing; hurting myself even more. But we all have to get to the point where we are tired and until then, there is nothing no one can say or do to make you want differently.

Yes losing weight the right way will help you keep it off. Trying easy and quick weight loss solutions only make things worst. You gain that weight and some more back. Its a hard journey but its not that hard when its what you really want. We can do this
  • Kray827
    Options
    My NSV is that I worked out for the 1st time in over a year. I'm a little bit ashamed of that but pretty darn proud at the same time! :)
  • WynterSkeyes
    WynterSkeyes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I worked out for the 1st time in over a year. I'm a little bit ashamed of that but pretty darn proud at the same time! :)

Why are you ashamed? You shouldnt be. Before July I hadnt worked out about 4 years. And there are plenty who never worked out ever. So dont be ashamed. I am proud of you too though for getting back in there.