Twilight Is Good For Fitness

Options
77tes
77tes Posts: 7,979 Member
I thought it would be fun to tell how Twilight has aided our quest for fitness.

The Twilight soundtrack Helps me time my exercise:

A 30 second plank lasts through the Introduction of "Super Massive Blackhole" until the end of the phrase "Ooo baby don't you know I suffer." A 35 second plank lasts until "Can't you hear me moan."

Anyone else have one?

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this! Great idea.

My Twilight Soundtracks have kept me motivated on my walks as well help me stay calm through extra stressful work days.

I was just saying to Leigh Ann that Super Massive Black hole was my fave when the soundtrack came out, because of the awesome lightening thunder storm and baseball scene in Twilight. It always makes me speed up on my walks. That and I pretend Edward is jumping from tree top to tree top when I am out on my walks. (Yep, I am dazzled by Twilight).
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few of the songs on my running playlist that help me either keep my tempo of run steady or help me speed it up.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I don't use the soundtracks for exercise, but Twilight did introduce me to Muse and I do have some awesome music to move to from that band. I also like to get lost in daydreams when I walk so that I don't focus on the time that is passing. Thanks to my love of Twilight/Edward/Rob, I have been able to come up with some very distracting daydreams.:wink:

And of course, Twilight is good for fitness because I have met some WONDERFUL fitness pals through the Twilight thread/group here on MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • fluffytuf
    Options
    When I first got all 4 of the audio books, I listened to them while walking on the treadmill. Doing 30 minutes used to be such a chore, but I found myself walking an hour while engrossed in the story. That was a couple years ago and I've listened to the books 8 times, so not as affective on the treadmill as before, but the soundtracks keep me on at least 30 minutes. It is definately good for the fitness of my heart, body as well as soul.:heart:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    I thought it would be fun to tell how Twilight has aided our quest for fitness.

The Twilight soundtrack Helps me time my exercise:

A 30 second plank lasts through the Introduction of "Super Massive Blackhole" until the end of the phrase "Ooo baby don't you know I suffer." A 35 second plank lasts until "Can't you hear me moan."

Anyone else have one?

Kathy, are you moaning with the lyrics to the song at 35 seconds into that plank? Teehee
  • 77tes
    Options

Anyone else have one?

Kathy, are you moaning with the lyrics to the song at 35 seconds into that plank? Teehee

I suffer at 30 seconds and am definitely moaning at 35! :laugh:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    OMG Kathy, you are hilarious... Hey how many calories are burned when you have to pick yourself off the floor from laughing so hard? I am not sure what the answer is, but next time I am going to wear my HRM to find out!

For the first time when I was watching Twilight I heard Carlisle say the words " nice kitty" to Rosalie after she is called 'out' by Bella in the baseball game. How the heck did I ever miss that the bazillion other times I have watched it!? That was priceless.
  • 77tes
    Options
    For the first time when I was watching Twilight I heard Carlisle say the words " nice kitty" to Rosalie after she is called 'out' by Bella in the baseball game. How the heck did I ever miss that the bazillion other times I have watched it!? That was priceless.

Yvonne, be sure to watch carefully when you see it on the big screen for the marathon. You will catch a lot of little things. And Edward doesn't look worse on the big screen, that's for sure.:love:

Tonight, our zumba class cooled down to "It Will Rain." :bigsmile:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options

Yvonne, be sure to watch carefully when you see it on the big screen for the marathon. You will catch a lot of little things. And Edward doesn't look worse on the big screen, that's for sure.:love:

Last November one of the theaters here showed each of the movies on Tuesday nights, leading up to the release of BD1. It was the first time I had seen Twilight on the big screen, I really need to watch more closely this time to get the details. One of those nights it started snowing and when I got out of the movies it was so pretty, kind of like in Bella's flashback where it's snowing on she and Edward in the meadow. Sigh...:blushing:

I am curious as to when the first music video will come out for BD2. Last year we had Christina and Bruno with clips of BD intertwined. I'm getting very excited! Anxious for a new soundtrack and score to put on the iPod to fuel my walks!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Before I even found MFP and the original challenge by Stacy, I would use Twilight to aid in my weight loss. When I was working out hard and had and felt like I was dying I would imagine I was a vampire running through the woods full speed. When I was hungry and wanted to cheat on my diet I would remember how Edward's throat would burn for Bella's blood. If he could resist then so could I.
    I used the Twilight sound track for my morning routine. Once I would get past Linkin Park I would start it over then all the way to the end would be just the right amount of time for my morning routine. It was perfect to finish the last 3 songs with some yoga.
    Also I would think how bad it would be to get turned into a vampire while I was fat and be stuck like that for eternity so that motivated me to want to lose weight. LOL!!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I hate how late the soundtrack is coming out this time. I think it's 3 days prior to the release of the movie. Looking forward to adding a song or two from that soundtrack though into my exercise playlist!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options

Last November one of the theaters here showed each of the movies on Tuesday nights, leading up to the release of BD1. It was the first time I had seen Twilight on the big screen, I really need to watch more closely this time to get the details. One of those nights it started snowing and when I got out of the movies it was so pretty, kind of like in Bella's flashback where it's snowing on she and Edward in the meadow. Sigh...:blushing:

I am curious as to when the first music video will come out for BD2. Last year we had Christina and Bruno with clips of BD intertwined. I'm getting very excited! Anxious for a new soundtrack and score to put on the iPod to fuel my walks!
    The Green Day one, The Forgotten is out there.

And here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNPIWVB20pM
  • 77tes
    Options
    Before I even found MFP and the original challenge by Stacy, I would use Twilight to aid in my weight loss. When I was working out hard and had and felt like I was dying I would imagine I was a vampire running through the woods full speed. When I was hungry and wanted to cheat on my diet I would remember how Edward's throat would burn for Bella's blood. If he could resist then so could I.
    I used the Twilight sound track for my morning routine. Once I would get past Linkin Park I would start it over then all the way to the end would be just the right amount of time for my morning routine. It was perfect to finish the last 3 songs with some yoga.
    Also I would think how bad it would be to get turned into a vampire while I was fat and be stuck like that for eternity so that motivated me to want to lose weight. LOL!!

Mindy, I love your routine! I'll have to try it.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the link, Mindy! That was such a nice song! :flowerforyou:
  • Casfarren
    Casfarren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I actually love listening to the movie scores while I am working out! I LOVE Twilight and BD1 because they are Carter Burwell and I think his music has been the best, but the other two are good as well. They help me imagine that I am a kick *kitten* vamp who is strong enough to make it through anything! 1 hour on the eliptical? NOTHING!
  • 77tes
    Options
    I actually love listening to the movie scores while I am working out! I LOVE Twilight and BD1 because they are Carter Burwell and I think his music has been the best, but the other two are good as well. They help me imagine that I am a kick *kitten* vamp who is strong enough to make it through anything! 1 hour on the eliptical? NOTHING!

NICE!

New Moon is actually my favorite soundtrack, but it isn't so good to power a workout!