What do you do for a workout?

Options
kandilynn03
kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
I have well over 100 pounds to lose, it's more like 160. I have been walking regularly (every day) for about a month. I want to get in really good shape. I don't have a gym membership, so I've been trying to start strength training with body weight exercises I've found on nerdfitness.com.

I have several workout DVD's. I have power 90 and my brother owns P90X. I was thinking about trying to do power 90, but I'm afraid that I'm too out of shape to be able to do any of the exercises. What kind of exercises do you guys do? Has anyone tried Power 90?

Replies

• chocolateluvr80
    chocolateluvr80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have about 150 lbs to lose. Currently I am going the 30 day shred (Jillian Michaels) as well as pop pilates and (mostly) daily walks.

In the past I have done P90X. Depending on your current fitness level it might be a little much. I know for me certain exercises are very difficult (Can't do them). The workouts have "levels" but you are not recommended to do the workout if you can't do a push-up. Can you? There is a fit test like thing that lets you know of you can do it.

Look for workout vids on the internet (thank you youtube). Gyms are not required.
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I can do *A* push up. I tried to do Power 90, but I think it may be a bit above my level, considering I was so sore the next day that I could barely do anything. And I'm still sore today. I didn't even try to do it again, because I don't want to injure myself. I don't know if I should take some extra days off between the strength training days and continue to try doing Power 90.

I'm going to look for workouts online. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • brownmara
    brownmara Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 pounds to lose. I do Leslie Sansone indoor walking videos, and body weight exercises.