Gym

Options
I know this isn't about being tall, but I am going to ask anyway. How do you fit the gym into you daily routine?

Replies

• pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I hope on the treadmill at my apt complex or go outside for a run @530 AM on mon/weds/fri and also do the 30 day shred everyday except Thursday & Sunday. Saturday & Sunday I go to my college campus gym and get on the bike and do strength training. It's all about figuring out what time you have to work with!
  • MyTomorrow
    Options
    I see a lot of people mention the 30 day shred. What is that?
  • CaveGal
    CaveGal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I quickly googled it and it's Jilliam Michael's workout DVD - http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY

But to answer your questions, I always go after work... Just take my gym bag with me to work so I have no excuses and just go:) I do a lot of different classes too so I dont get bored.
  • kt2134
    kt2134 Posts: 45
    Options
    I skip the gym & do Jillian Michaels' Burn Fat Boost Metabolism...I just finished 20 days of 30 Day shred(levels 1 & 2). I'm going to do 30 days of BFBM (sometimes twice a day since I have the time) & then I'll do 10 days of 30 Day Shred level 3 twice a day for 10 days.

I would suggest that if you don't have time for the gym you should try JM Burn Fat Boost Metabolism. Everyone raves about 30DS but it's BFBM that makes me REALLY sweat - even when I just do the first 20 mins (thats what I used to do before I could do the entire 40)
  • nikki8783
    Options
    I go in the mornings while the kids are in school.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I go after work.. I'll go home grab my bag and go.

I do either cardio or weights.. with a random pilates class thrown in there.
  • fallonlaree
    Options
    I go to the gym during my 1 hour lunch break. The gym is 1/4 mile away so a walk there and back gets me at least a half mile walk in 5 days a week and then a good 45 minutes of working out. I normally carpool to work, but on days that I do have to drive myself I make sure I go after work for at least an hour as well to get in as much as possible.
  • clem7444
    clem7444 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have a gym buddy, so we go together in the evenings. I work from 7-4, take my dog for a walk, then hit the gym about 6 or so. Come home and eat dinner :)
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I timetable my week so I always know when im going and for how long and everything else has to take a back seat, decided a year ago that healthy living would have to become my priority and really all I'd be doing would be winding down after work and watching tv.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Monday through Friday, I wake up at 4:15 a.m so that I can get to the gym and start my workout by 4:45 a.m. I usually leave the gym around 6:15 a.m. so that I can go home and get ready for work. If I didn't get up and do it before work, I'd never go. It was very hard at first (somedays still are) but I'm used to it. I usually can't sleep past 7:00 a.m. on the weekends.
  • Brandification
    Brandification Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people mention the 30 day shred. What is that?

I did that a few months ago! It will kick your @ss!!
  • bhicks0700
    bhicks0700 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I get up at 430am and I am at the gym by 500am. I do Cross fit which takes less than an hour and burns a ton of calories. It is hard and a bit pricier than some gyms, but the staff is exceptionally knowledgeable.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I travel for a living and don't belong to a gym, bit work out at home or in hotel rooms with DVD's and/or Bodyrock. I just made a deal with myself that I can't go to bed until I've worked out.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution six days a week. I usually do the DVDs at home but sometimes I take my laptop to the gym to have more room. I do Zumba Tuesday evenings and try to hit the treadmill twice a week too
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bike commuting! On a men's large frame bike :p

I could spend half an hour or more taking public transportation... but biking takes the same amount of time, plus I get a workout!

Also I'm in the middle of a 5 week kettlebell course. I have to wake up at 5:30 three days a week, but I loooove it. I want to be strong!
  • Emeshee
    Emeshee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 6am, gym by 6:15 am (live on a college campus so its close) work out till 7, shower, eat breakfast and get ready. chill out for a bit then first class at 9 am!