Introduce yourself

Options
My name is Alixandria and I am FAT! LoL! I have 2 kids and a fiance ad I want to be strong and healthy again, for me and for them. I am a Work at Home mum with 2 Direct Sales Companies (soon to be 3). One of them promotes healthy weight loss. We aren't allowed posting about them in here but let me tell you, in a month I lost 15lbs so ask me if you want more details! :D I started out at 202lbs and am down to 187. I weigh in weekly with measurements. I need to be 145lbs BEFORE my mothers 50th Birthday Bash which is being held the last weekend in July in the Okanagan.

Replies

• Broheart
    Broheart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Kim. I've been living in Nanaimo for one year, having moved from Edmonton. I love nothing more than hiking and stroll ing along the ocean side!

I'm currently 168lbs and my goal weight is 140lbs. I'm going to achieve it by using the ketogenic diet and lots and lots of hiking!
  • TheTratz
    TheTratz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was fit until I got a desk job. I'm well on my way to regaining my former glory! Good to see some people from town, albeit a small group.
  • rdvm
    rdvm Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there,

My name is Becka, and I'm 29 years old. Looking to get fit and avoid the family genes that lead to diabetes and heart problems among other things! Glad to see some others from Nanaimo. Love to be outside hiking with the dog or climbing, and trying to overcome my weakness for visiting pubs after a hike or exercise. I'd much rather be doing something fun than going to a gym...although that might be better for me.

Just started on this tracking thing, and I think it will be good for me. When you have to write everything you've eaten in a day down it makes you think about your choices a little more!

Anyway, glad to be here, and good luck everyone!
  • ametisti
    ametisti Posts: 1
    Options
    It looks like no one has used this group for a couple years, but I'll introduce myself anyway. I'm Bizz. I just moved here last week. I lived in Nanaimo for three years and moved about 6 years ago. I missed it and decided to come back. I left Nanaimo at 163lbs, got down to 120lbs, now I'm back up to almost 140lbs. So I'm working toward getting back down to about 125. I moved to obtain a career rather than just a job and went to work as a dog groomer, which I wound up hating. So now I'm back and starting at square one. I love running, hiking, geocaching, camping and just got into bird watching. I also really enjoy things like rock climbing and kayaking but don't often get to do them because of lack of equipment. If anyone wants to go out hiking, running or whatever, let me know. Maybe we can get together.
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi Bizz, and whoever else may be around. It's nice to see some life around here. I'm new here too; to the group and mfp.

I'll share a bit of my story. My name is Phil, and I live in Ladysmith. I moved up here from Duncan in January (not very far of a move. lol). I just wanted a change of scenery, and to be closer to my workplace. Weight wise, I was at 230 Lbs before I realized I had really let myself go. I managed to get down to 222 Lbs before I found Mfp on June 1st of this year, and it has been a great help. My goal is to drop down to 150 Lbs.

Life style wise, (before I let myself go) I used to hike on nearly a daily basis when I lived in Duncan. I really want to get back into it. I don't know the Nanaimo or Ladysmith area that well yet; with regards to hiking trails. I wouldn't mind making some friends though, and living a healthier life style in general. Feel free to friend me if you live in the area. I always keep my food log public.