7 Weeks to Go- Questions and Quote

Options
Zainia
Zainia Posts: 59 Member
Well today is the awaited Day One!
How much weight do you want to lose this week?
What are your food and fitness goals for the week?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."
-Martin Luther

Replies

• kirapewonka16
    kirapewonka16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for 2 lbs this week!!! Gonna continue to eat fresh fruits and veggies, chicken and fish, whole grains, and lots of water!!! Also starting my 10 day Zumba challenge today! :)
  • kelewis
    kelewis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for at least 2lbs this week.... I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but I can't help myself. And I've gained 2 pounds already this week... I know it's just water as I've stepped up my exercise regime. Still irritating to see those numbers. Love this group! Very motivating!
  • chocolate30
    chocolate30 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would like to loss 1.5 lbs per week which is about 10.5 lbs by Christmas.
    I think that's achievable and realistic if I put my mind to it.
    these challenges are really focusing me.
  • kifki
    kifki Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my first challenge, so we'll see. Not sure about how much I'll loose, I'm plateauing..but I'm starting RI30 tomorrow so maybe this will help.

Good luck everybody, it's nice to have this group!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bloated, so I'm hoping for even just one pound. I've also changed my calories and exercise up a bit, and I have no idea how that's going to affect me. Luckily, I have seven weeks to lose ten pounds, so I have a little wiggle room.
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for between 0.5-1lb this week. My diet goals are to get in over 100g of protein each day and to work out every day Monday - Saturday. Good luck with your goals everyone!
  • mangusjm
    Options
    This weeks goal for me is to workout at least 60mins 5 x a week!!
    Also to lose 1lb this week, eat more fruits and vegies and eat a healthy amount of calories!

Woohoo we can do this!!
  • esc327
    esc327 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This week I'm hoping for at least a 2lb. loss. I don't usually lose that quickly, but I'm trying out the Bob Harper Skinny Rules approach and so far I think it's working! I like to weigh in daily and today I'm already down 1.4 from my starting weight!! Hopefully that'll hold up and even continue through the week.

Overall, I'd really like to lose 12 by Christmas. As I said, I don't lose quickly, so aiming for 1.7 a week is a tall order. But if I can make it, I'll be at my lowest weight ever in my adult life! If that's not incentive, I don't know what is. :happy: Have a great Day 2, everyone!
  • cwilson26
    cwilson26 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for at least 2lbs this week.... I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but I can't help myself. And I've gained 2 pounds already this week... I know it's just water as I've stepped up my exercise regime. Still irritating to see those numbers. Love this group! Very motivating!

I have learned that weighing myself every day is not bad. This allows you to see that there are going to be fluctuations daily. It is very frustrating on weigh in day once a week to find that you are up a pound or two. But, if you have been weighing in daily, you may find that weigh in day that week just happens to be a bad day, and the day before or day after were actually your lowest of the week :). So, don't fret over weighing yourself daily, just remember that you will have ups with your downs!!!
  • dr3117
    dr3117 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    GOAL: Lose 2 pounds this week. My overall goal is to lose 16 pounds by Christmas. I know it will be hard with the holidays but hopefully I can stay focused. My quote is "I can do all things thru Christ who gives me strength."
  • bondsarahj
    bondsarahj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For my goal...
    To lose 1lb a week and work out 4 times a week! I have been tired at night b/c I think my body is getting adjusted to the new regimen but I have been feeling better & better in the mornings!

For my quote...
    I was in a leadership conference at work and this ex pro-football coach/former marine spoke to our management team about motivation and self discipline. One of the things he said that has really stuck with me (i.e.during times that I am craving sweets or dreading my workout) is, "Self Discipline begins with doing what you don't want to do." It's not profound and its pretty simple really but for some reason, remiding myself of that gets me through the lows!

Also...
    This is the first time that I have joined a group and I find that it is really motivating to hear everyone's story, so thank you to everyone that has been posting!
  • jwall956
    jwall956 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is two pounds. I'm taking stairs all the time, and drinking lots of water. Trying to stay away from them yummy arrowroot cookies.
  • LBournes10Again
    Options
    This week goals:
    Loss 2lbs
    Drink 8 -10 cups of water per day. :drinker:
    I am currently on level 1 day 5 of JM 30 Day Shred. (11/06/12)
    I am doing a C25k Week 1 day 1. ( today)
    So I will alternating between the two programs and include rest days as needed.
    And I will stay away from Fried Dough and Hot Wings. My weakness:cry:
  • amethyst_flame
    Options
    How much weight do you want to lose this week?

I'd be happy with a pound. I'm sitting on some water weight issues, and can't seem to get the scale to budge.

What are your food and fitness goals for the week?

More water! Also, I want to burn at least 2000 calories for the week (easy with going to the gym 3x this week). I'm also trying to focus more on healthier food choices.
  • creolegirl916
    creolegirl916 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know it is late. I forgot to set a reminder.

I would like to lose a pound a week. And try to eat less candy. (esp. butterfingers). :blushing:
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to lose 6 pounds by December 1st....starting new workouts in the morning...so will see what happens! Good luck to you all on this weeks goal!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a week late as I was away and there were no scales around. However I've had a rough time these past few weeks so gunna aim small but will still be a ncie achievement at Xmas as I'm hoping to 170lbs by xmas, the lightest I've been since this time last year.

So aiming for 1lb loss each week.
    SW: 178.2

Good luck everyone.