Which DVD are you now using?

Options
MIM49
MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
I am new to exercising and have just started. I am using the Get Up and Get Started High Calorie Burn 1 & 2 mile walks. The DVD is kind of pink/pale purple and she is wearing a light green T. I am only doing the 1 mile now but will soon try the 2 mile.

Replies

• lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm using the 4-Mile Power Walk DVD. I just ordered the 5-Day Walk Plan, so I'm looking forward to starting that next week!
  • feather314
    Options
    I love Leslie's DVD's and have a handful of them. Lately I've been doing the 5 Day Slim Down and the 5 Realy Big Miles (I don't do 5 miles everday - I break it down to 1-3 depending on how much time I have. I try to do at least one 4-5 mile walk/DVD per week). I somehow always seem to go back to the classic - Walk Away The Pounds DVD as well.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    MIM49, Welcome to walking with Leslie and exercising!!! Awesome:drinker: I am happy that you discovered her DVDs! I've been walking with Leslie since April this year, and by using her walks I have become more fit and stronger, and I have also lost weight and inches doing the walking DVDs (both before and after joining MFP) .

I started out barely able to do one mile and now can do the 5 mile ones when I want to. (happy dance about this :smile: )

Regarding the DVDs... I have been adding to my "collection" bit by bit.

I like the 'collection' DVDs such as the Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection and the Walk Away the Pounds for Your Week.

I also like the walks that add the strength training stretchy band workouts into them. If you continue on you will be able to do those as time goes on. :smile: those are the best of both worlds: cardio and strength in a Leslie walk.

I also like any of the Express series walks. I found a used 'Express' walk at a DVD/ CD resell shop, and there are other Express walks in the a fore mentioned collections or as singles. There are many other DVDs that I like and I switch them up depending on my mood and what I have on hand.

You can look on Amazon dot com or collagevideo dot com for reviews and ideas for other DVDs if you are in the market for others as time goes on. I also borrow LS DVDs from my city library.

If you want, please feel welcome to join in the November Walk Challenge (monthly challenges). Many of us write down which walk/ DVD we used when we post our miles. Not only is it fun to share what we do, but also good to find out which DVDs other walkers like and sometimes a comment about one. It doesn't matter when you join, beginning or middle of the month. It is a very awesome and encouraging group of walkers every month.

Hope this helps you.
    :flowerforyou: texasgardnr