Diabetes

Options
I'm curious to know if any of you have PCOS and diabetes, or if diabetes runs in your family? My grandmother had diabetes and died from complications, so I'm pretty terrified. My b/g: I was diagnosed with PCOS (and high insulin/high testosterone) a month ago, started on metformin, and had to log my food. I'm meeting with my doctor this Friday to start dieting/review nutrition.

Replies

• morgycg
    morgycg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Type II diabetes does run in my family, though fortunately I have been able to maintain a normal BMI to lower my risk. I have also worked in a diabetes clinic and research center so I am well aware of the effects of this disease. As a result, I have spent tons of time researching nutrition and dedicating myself to a healthy lifestyle. The biggest thing I have learned is that this is a lifelong learning process. I am still learning the effect that different foods have on my body, since everyone is unique. I definitely encourage you to really listen to your body's signals and track how you feel after you eat. Good luck meeting with your doctor on Friday! Nutrition can be overwhelming initially, but with time and effort it gets a lot easier!