Inexpensive Long Sleeve Running Shirts?

Options
opus649
opus649 Posts: 633 Member
Anyone know a good place to find inexpensive long sleeve running shirts? They don't have to be fancy, but cotton is not working for me.

Replies

• dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I get most of my stuff from National Running Center. They are pretty reasonable!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Depends where you live, I guess. Wal-Mart?
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I get my stuff from roadrunnersports.com. Probably not the least expensive but they are good people with which to do business.
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If you're not brand-specific, Target carries a lot of athletic wear. And you can usually catch them on sale pretty often.
  • danimal5867
    Options
    If you're not brand-specific, Target carries a lot of athletic wear. And you can usually catch them on sale pretty often.

Target has everything you might need to wear for running except decent shoes. They carry Champion's C9 line of athletic clothing. I have purchased quite a few items from there and haven't had any complaints yet.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I love tj maxx for reasonably priced exercise gear.
  • mrsimon302
    mrsimon302 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Walmart has the 'starter' brand, their stuff seems really decent for the money. I haven't checked out their long sleeve stuff yet though.
  • duckfloats
    Options
    I second the comments about Target. I bought some shorts & long sleeve shirt a month ago, and use them regularly.

Search for "mens running" at target.com. That should get you started on what they have.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've found quite a few bargains shopping on-line (picked up an Asics Thermopolis half zip for 50% off retail by watching for sales), it just takes a little patience. If you have a running store nearby the clearance rack can also be your best friend f you're not fussy about colour or brand.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Target is a great place to get running clothes. I get a lot of mine there. I can't afford the $70 brooks jackets and shirts.
  • dawnhart77
    dawnhart77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love tj maxx for reasonably priced exercise gear.

THIS!!! You have to be consistent with TJ. I worked for the company for 10 years and know unless you are willing to make the effort to go on a regular basis, you won't find it. But I have bought tons of workout stuff there. Two of my sons play football and I have purchased long sleeved gear to go under their football pads as well. You have to have patience!!

I also go to Kohl's. They sometimes have good stuff. I live in CO so I shop at the Boulder Running Co. They are on the pricy side, but have some great clothes, shoes, accessories and specialized running items.

Check out Amazon and Ebay as well. Generally you can find some really great stuff if you are willing to search!!
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    $8 at walmart, at least in the ladies section. :smile:
  • athensguy
    Options
    I have a bunch of C9 shirts from Target, but I have gotten better stuff for cheaper at TJ Maxx. The ones around here have frequently had fitted shirts from Hind and Layer 8, both of which seem to be a little better than C9.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I got some great shirts at Footlocker. They made from bamboo. Do a great job.
    Not a bad price - $45 = tax for two (I got a BOGO 1/2).
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion for the Wal-Mart "Starter" brand. Also, I have had great luck at Fred Meyer (in the US northwest) and JC PENNEY!
  • garciachris
    Options
    I like JC Penney or Target. They are just as good as my expensive stuff.
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Google running clubs in your area. Most have LS shirts at good prices. Support your local running club. They help organize most races.

Enjoy.
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    National Running Center website is excellent.

If you have an Academy Sports near you, go buy their BCG line of gear. Comprable performance to Nike Dri Fit at a quarter of the price.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I like Old Navy's active wear, catch em on a sale and they are cheap!
  • jaimesoo
    jaimesoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I get alot of mine from either Target or Kohls.