Introduction

Options
13»

Replies

• divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    Just found this group tonight looking for some inspiration and mostly motivation for September and thought what the heck instead of 30 days sign up for the rest of the year challenge. Especially since the last few 30 days challenges were so motivating.

Been around on MPS for a few months but the last few months weight lost has stalled mainly due to stress at work which had me running to the comfort food. So ready to break that cycle big time. Pretty sure I have gotten rid of the main work stressor and get back on track.

Look forward to the challenges but most of all the weight loss!
  • ohDeeDeeBehave
    ohDeeDeeBehave Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    HI
    Everyone! I hope I'm not too late for sign up! I've been on MFP since Monday, and am feeling like I need a community to help me reach my goals. Looking forward to the first challenge! See you tomorrow!
    D
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Theresa and am excited for this challenge! I have been on MFP since Nov 2011 and have lost 36 lbs., slowly but surely. Fast approaching 50 in January and wanting to be a LOT smaller by then :-). My youngest son just went off to college and I am finding it a bit easier now just having food in the house for me. Can use all the support and friends I can get right now, it's been a tad lonely here now. Thanks for the challenge!!
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Steph, I created my account on MFP a looong time ago, lol. I just never put it to great use until recently. I managed to lose about 15 lbs but fell off the wagon and gained back 6 of those lbs. Now I am back, and ready to start new challenges and resume the journey to my ultimate goal! Yay!! I would like to have more active and positive friends, the encouragement helps me a lot. <3
  • sfrohardt5
    sfrohardt5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Shannon and I am excited about joining this challenge! I need to lose 25-30 pounds but just haven't found a way to keep myself accountable on my own. I am new to myfitnesspal and am new to the Fitbit, but so far, I love them both! I look forward to getting to know you all and to succeeding at all of the challenges with you. I see our first challenge is to drink 8 glasses of water per day -- I'm off to get started!
  • kmhamilton6
    kmhamilton6 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Kayla and I am special Ed teacher in NYC.

CW: 183
    GW: 140
    GW by December: 163

Wish me luck! Let's do it!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Carla. I am retired, so have lots of time to finally take care of myself. I joined MFP a while ago, but did not get serious until July 1, 2011, when I retired. I started my journey at 283 pounds an am now at 193 (give or take that few pounds I keep losing and gaining back). I did not stick to my healthy eating over the summer, so I am ready to buckle down again. I love challenges as they really keep me motivated.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. We can do this together. Let's keep it healthy.
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Just saw this group in the "Popular Groups" and it caught my eye, so I thought I'd jump in and join! :)

My name is Jessica (Jessie for short), and I live in Detroit, MI. I'm hoping to be under 300 by the end of the year, but especially before my birthday (12/23)!

9/1 SW: 322.4
    GW by 12/31: 299 (or less :))
  • jen0125
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I hope it is still okay to join. I added myself to the AWESOME spreadsheet. I added to the bottom thinking it would alphabetize for me next time I loaded the page, but it did not. Not sure if i should try to move it or not because I fear I will end up deleting someone else's entry by mistake.

I used myfitnesspal a little over a year ago for about 3 months and lost 30 pounds. Unfortunately I stopped and kept upping my calories and have since gained half of it back. So, here I am trying again. Hoping I can make some permanent eating habit changes this time around. This group is just what I need to stay motivated and accountable.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,968 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!
    I'm Sandy. 50 years old--hitting menopause (makes losing weight a little more challenging:( ). I live in Northern Alabama.
    I have been on MFP since early Jan. 2012 and have lost 24 lbs. so far. I am not looking at losing weight quickly. I am more of the slow and steady as she goes. As long as I keep moving in the right direction. I would like to be down to 170 by the end of the year.
    Good luck to all and look forward to this challenge.

Good luck with your jouney! :)
  • maddiesmom513
    maddiesmom513 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I saw this challenge and hope it's still ok to join. My name is Ashley. I'm 32, wife, mom, and working outside the home. I'm hoping to be down about 20 pounds by the end of the year. I would love to be down another 10 by November to look better on our Christmas cards :) I've only been actively using MFP for the last 2 weeks, and so far so good. I love it! Good luck everyone!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hi - Barb. I'm a Jersey girl that is unlike those featured on tv shows.
    My neck of the woods is the Pinelands - home of the Jersey Devil (local folk tale or reality?.... hmmmmm......)

My weight loss journey truly needs inspiration.
    I get discouraged easily... feel despite efforts there's minimum or no loss.
    So if there is anyone willing to encourage/motivate/inspire me -- I would be most appreciative.

Ultimately, I would like to see myself at 145.
    Realistically, I'll be happy with 160.
    The heaviest I've gotten was 193.4.
    My goal for 12/31/2012 is to drop 10lbs -- that would be 180lbs.

I'm getting married on 9/14/2013.... so that's just 368 days away.
    Ideally, I would like to be a smaller size bride than the bride to be weight I am right now.
  • his777angel
    his777angel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! New to the group. Looking forward to loosing weight with you all...We got this!!!!

SW : 170
    GW: 150
  • jasmina_n
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jasmina, i just joined the group. I've recently gained 7 lbs holiday weigth. My SW is 163 and the goal weigth is 130lbs. i'm low-carbing and starting tomorrow, i'm planning to re-introduce exercise into my regime - cardio + 30 day shred. Feel free to friend me, i'd be happy to connect to like-minded people.

Good luck everyone!
  • dopeydani10
    dopeydani10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Sorry for joining the group just now, I hope you don't mind! I've been on MFP on and off for some time now, and just exploring all the community features. At the end of August, I decided I wanted to get back to my goal weight by the end of 2012, by losing ~10% of my body weight. I stubbled upon this group, which seems to be in line with my goals. It'd be great to have some support along my journey. I'm not bad with getting in my workouts, but I struggle with my food. My SW is 130 and GW is 115. I'm focusing on clean eating and no binging / emotional eating. I look forward to losing weight with all of you!
  • vabchchik04
    vabchchik04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I have been on MFP for a while but decided in the end of April beginning of May that it was time that I change the way I feel about myself and the way my body looks. Also one of my friends had joined MFP and asked me to get on here with her. I have so far lost 26.8lbs and dropped my BMI by 3.96 (which to me means A LOT). I have really enjoyed meeting other people and seeing them go through the same journey I am. Right now my next goal is to lose 30lbs by my birthday which would be December 30th so it is awesome that I found this group to have people help me keep on tracek through my next weight loss goal. Anyone looking for motivation or support please message me or friend's request me! :)
  • laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm totally late to join this group. I kinda fell off the MFP wagon completely for a few weeks. With the Holidays fast-approaching, I'm back on board!

I'd love to join this challenge group to help me in the next stage of my weight-loss.

I'm 5'1", 122lbs (down from 131), and I'm 30-31% body fat.
    My current goal is to get below 120lbs and closer to 25-26% body fat.

I'm a single mom with two boys (7 and 4). I work full time and spend over 2 hours a day driving to and from work. It's hard for me to get to the gym as often as I'd like to. And, when I do have time off, it's hard for me to choose the gym as the activity I want to do. Motivation and challenges definitely help me out!