Ever feel like you have no control over what you're eating

Options
kurekam
kurekam Posts: 6 Member
Maybe it's just me, but for the past week or so, I feel like I have no control over what I eat. Obviously I do (I can choose to put whatever I want in my mouth) but it seems like lately, at the end of the day, I am always going over my target calories. It's so depressing! Maybe I'm just not planning things out as well as I need to?

Replies

• riouxt
    riouxt Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Totally know what you mean!

Have you looked at the Eat More to Weigh Less group? It's been my savior. :)
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I agree sometimes we don't plan well for the full day, this is a learning experience and you will get the hang of it soon. I had a few days that i was not eating enough imagine that~ never.

Some foods have a higher calorie count than we expect or the serving size is not what we thought. When using the MFP food data base for calorie count be careful, some foods are over in their cal count.

good luck with your journey to health
  • southernlady
    southernlady Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness yes, sometimes I feel this way. I know that I shouldn't eat it or I will do good all day and then in the evening I mess up the whole day because I eat a big meal! I get really aggravated at myself because I feel I should have the discipline to just not do it...
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    We all go through spurts of feeling this way. The trick is to just put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Plan your meals, pack snacks and prepare your dinner schedule ahead of time. Just know you are not alone. We all feel this way at some point :)
  • momofoneson
    Options
    And here I thought I was the only one who did this. I am great with food choices all day long, even get a workout in....then once the lights go out, everyone is tucked into bed, the TV goes on for the evening...I'm eating..and can't stop.
  • lewshetland
    lewshetland Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Completely identify with above post. Will power is just not enough - I am trying knitting!
  • mhoup
    mhoup Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Stressful day...ate a few cookies...BUT I did not eat the whole bag, just a few! Progress is progress, I am taking this as a win!!!!!!