Smart Food Guide

http://www.chrispowell.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ChrisPowell_SmartFoodsList.pdf

This is a great .pdf that is more detailed than the list in "Choose to Lose." Enjoy!

Replies

• Peacubhue
    Peacubhue Posts: 2 Member
    thank- you.. have been looking for this for the last hour cause I saw you mentioned in another post.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    You're welcome!
  • grandmaJMB
    grandmaJMB Posts: 74 Member
    Thanks....getting the book tomorrow and need all the help I can get!
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    I printed this last night when I signed up for his newsletter. I can't find the book locally and Amazon takes 1-3 wks to deliver, but I'm ordering it tomorrow!
  • babeinthemoon
    I printed this last night when I signed up for his newsletter. I can't find the book locally and Amazon takes 1-3 wks to deliver, but I'm ordering it tomorrow!

The smart foods guide is more indepth than what Chris wrote in his book. So, using the guide you can start thinking about meal planning, and get moving towards the goal. The basics behind the carb cycling is high carb breakfast (protein/healthy carb/ veggie if desired), and then on a low carb day protein/veggie/fat the rest of the meals. High carb days are protein/veggie/healthy carb all day. Eat 5 meals a day about every 3 hours and use the smart food guide as a guideline and you'll be able to start changing your diet before you have a chance to get your hands on the book!

See if your library has one. If you're lucky they will. :)
  • I printed this and keep it on the fridge ;)
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member

The smart foods guide is more indepth than what Chris wrote in his book. So, using the guide you can start thinking about meal planning, and get moving towards the goal. The basics behind the carb cycling is high carb breakfast (protein/healthy carb/ veggie if desired), and then on a low carb day protein/veggie/fat the rest of the meals. High carb days are protein/veggie/healthy carb all day. Eat 5 meals a day about every 3 hours and use the smart food guide as a guideline and you'll be able to start changing your diet before you have a chance to get your hands on the book!

See if your library has one. If you're lucky they will. :)

I just checked - None available in my area, all checked out :(
  • Thanks for this list! VERY handy!!! :)
  • losingmybehind
    losingmybehind Posts: 47 Member
    Hey guys, there is also an app for smart phones that tells you what to eat and when, and Chris gives a video tip of the day with his wife, Heidi. It's great! It's called Vemma Bode, available both on iPhones and Android. It IS connected with a supplement that Chris endorses, but you wouldn't necessarily need the supplement....just sub in your own protein powder with a similar macro nutrient profile. The app has been super helpful for me, and it's great to wake up in the morning and see Chris and Heidi encouraging me!
  • babeinthemoon
    is the app free?
  • sherrielynn2013
    sherrielynn2013 Posts: 27 Member
    http://www.chrispowell.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ChrisPowell_SmartFoodsList.pdf

This is a great .pdf that is more detailed than the list in "Choose to Lose." Enjoy!

Hi. I would love to have this list. However, when I try enter any of Chris Powells websites, including this one, it comes up with this on GoDaddy.com, "NOTICE: This domain name expired on 01/20/2013 and is pending renewal or deletion.".
    Is there another site name I could use to get this list, or if you can get into it, could you please copy and paste it here.
    Thanks
  • sherrielynn2013
    sherrielynn2013 Posts: 27 Member

Hi. I would love to have this list. However, when I try enter any of Chris Powells websites, including this one, it comes up with this on GoDaddy.com, "NOTICE: This domain name expired on 01/20/2013 and is pending renewal or deletion.".
    Is there another site name I could use to get this list, or if you can get into it, could you please copy and paste it here.
    Thanks

His domain is now fixed.
  • babeinthemoon
    Oh good! I just saved a copy to my computer just in case it becomes a problem again.
  • candoit14
    candoit14 Posts: 19 Member
    Glad I found this group. I am on Chris Powell program but in a modified version. I cannot get 5 meals in. i do eat 4 and every 3 hrs. . However I keep track here on Fitness pal. Sometimes I am calorie short but that happened to me often. I never felt better. I lost 4 pounds the first week. Saturday is my weight in. I love the program and I feel I can eat everything that I like. What has helped me is having meals or part of meals pre-made. Because of a busy life style what I used to do is just get take out because i was tired and it was easy. Because of an injury I can't exercise now but hope to in the near future. Look forward to all your wisdom here and great tips.
  • babeinthemoon
    Glad I found this group. I am on Chris Powell program but in a modified version. I cannot get 5 meals in. i do eat 4 and every 3 hrs. . However I keep track here on Fitness pal. Sometimes I am calorie short but that happened to me often. I never felt better. I lost 4 pounds the first week. Saturday is my weight in. I love the program and I feel I can eat everything that I like. What has helped me is having meals or part of meals pre-made. Because of a busy life style what I used to do is just get take out because i was tired and it was easy. Because of an injury I can't exercise now but hope to in the near future. Look forward to all your wisdom here and great tips.

Welcome!

I'm just curious why you can't get the 5th meal in?