End of the year push

Options
jdim1093
jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
November is well under way. It won't be long until we're scrambling for Christmas Presents, planning trips to see family, reminiscing about Hurricane Sandy, the Presidential Election, and how fast 2012 flew by. Next thing you know it will be January and we'll be making New Year's Resolutions.

Let's finish strong. Let's be that group of folks who get to January and say "I did it last year!"

If you're new or considering joining, now's your chance to build momentum into the new year. We have Thanksgiving (USA) and Christmas/Hanukkah/etc looming. Don't fear the holiday feast! Stare it straight in the eye and say "no, I will not over eat!" "I will not indulge in pointless sweets!" "I will be smart!"

Replies

• jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm with you....let's do this! THIS is my month...this is OUR month....who's in?
  • dusk77
    dusk77 Posts: 16
    Options
    cool, I have added myself to the spreadsheet, lets do this
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I figure if we can keep loosing through the holidays (stress, goodies, excess in general) we've got it in the bag. My friends all said I'm crazy for trying to change my eating habits right now. They all said to wait until January so I can eat what I want through the Holidays. No way! This is the perfect time to start. We can do this!
  • jdim1093
    Options
    I figure if we can keep loosing through the holidays (stress, goodies, excess in general) we've got it in the bag. My friends all said I'm crazy for trying to change my eating habits right now. They all said to wait until January so I can eat what I want through the Holidays. No way! This is the perfect time to start. We can do this!

^^^ RIGHT ON! Nov and Dec are the hardest 8 weeks of the year. get through this and you can get through ANYTHING!
  • makenoexcuses
    makenoexcuses Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Fighting the seasonal effective disorder and getting back to the gym! I want to be fit by the time Santa comes. :smile:
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    allof the above :smile: Have to or I will be back to where I was! So mfp friends will try my hardest!
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    We have a bunch of new members...welcome everyone!

Let's work hard and push through until the end of the year....WE CAN DO THIS!

Happy losing everyone!

Don't forget to log your weight on Fridays!
  • tpsweets
    Options
    I don't think it is crazy to try to lose during the holidays. There is no time like the holidays to work out. Working out is the best stress reliever. Ticked off you can't find parking at the mall? Try some kick boxing. Frazzled from trying to find the right gift? Get centered with some Yoga. My goal is to not stress eat but find more productive ways of dealing with the holidays.
  • jdim1093
    Options
    Ticked off you can't find parking at the mall?

Since about May, I've been parking in the farthest spot at work. I haven't been ticked off about parking since! I'm actually looking forward to crowded mall parking lots because I'll know I'm one of the few NOT stressing!
  • tpsweets
    Options

Since about May, I've been parking in the farthest spot at work. I haven't been ticked off about parking since! I'm actually looking forward to crowded mall parking lots because I'll know I'm one of the few NOT stressing!

Obviously you don't live in my neck of the woods. Here the mall is so crowded there are no spots, not even far away. They do a shuttle service on weekends from a near by park and ride. To find a spot you have to stalk people leaving to get theirs. It is like a crazy game of cat and mouse. I try to avoid the mall, especially on weekends.
  • jdim1093
    Options

Obviously you don't live in my neck of the woods. Here the mall is so crowded there are no spots, not even far away. They do a shuttle service on weekends from a near by park and ride. To find a spot you have to stalk people leaving to get theirs. It is like a crazy game of cat and mouse. I try to avoid the mall, especially on weekends.

You win! and now I'll NEVER visit your neck of the woods...at least not during Christmas season.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    YaY! I'm so happy you've all created this group! I am so excited to kick this extra weight's butt :)
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    November is well under way. It won't be long until we're scrambling for Christmas Presents, planning trips to see family, reminiscing about Hurricane Sandy, the Presidential Election, and how fast 2012 flew by. Next thing you know it will be January and we'll be making New Year's Resolutions.

Let's finish strong. Let's be that group of folks who get to January and say "I did it last year!"

If you're new or considering joining, now's your chance to build momentum into the new year. We have Thanksgiving (USA) and Christmas/Hanukkah/etc looming. Don't fear the holiday feast! Stare it straight in the eye and say "no, I will not over eat!" "I will not indulge in pointless sweets!" "I will be smart!"

I agree: I will be smart, I will not over eat, indulge in pointless sweets. I will keep my eye on the prize!:smile:

Please forgive me, but I started another thread w/o looking at this one first about goals for November.

People rarely live up to their new years resolutions. Better to make goals for ourselves that we can attain throughout the coming new year. It's good to have short term and long term goals. Something I am working on.