Email Dating etiquette: Do's and Don'ts

Options
Jarnard
Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
Is it ever OK to email someone again when they haven't responded to your first email?

Is there ever a situation you would email someone that hasn't emailed you back? explain. :)

Jarnard

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Most likely no, I wouldn't. BUT if I couldn't shake them, I might just throw out some last chance bait to see of they'd bite. If no answer right away, I'd be done. This would be rare but it'd be only if I just needed them to reject me again because I kept making excuses for them (maybe theyre too busy, maybe they didn't get my email/ text) and this would help me to move on.

When I'm not making excuses, I know that the guy just isn't into me if he ignored my email, especially 2.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't... And I don't particularly like it when someone does it to me, either.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Yes. What have you got to lose? :flowerforyou:
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Definitely not. I always scratch my head when I get two e-mails or winks from the same girl. It definitely didn't work on me and I doubt it'd work on anyone if I tried it myself.

There was a recent thread where a guy e-mailed a girl a handful of times.. didn't work out too good for him.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    No, UNLESS I notice that they keep looking at my profile (I'm talking like several days and/or weeks later they're still visiting my profile).

Then I would email them and ask them why. lol.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Well, I would say you can try a second time, but not again after that. The reason........my current bf I met on pof--I wrote to him, actually I used the "flirt" option, and he wrote back. After we started dating, he told me that he wrote me a couple months ago, and I never responded. I don't recall this AT ALL, but he is very confident that he did. It is possible that he wrote and I dismissed him because he was shorter than I like, and because he was older than my "ideal."

Things change as did my "ideal" so, maybe someone else's "ideal" may change as well.................but wouldn't email more than twice.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    When I was on match.com I would always send two emails. . I figure there's always a chance that the first one got lost in the shuffle. Especially as I came to learn how many emails the girls on there get!. So, my rule of thumb was to send one, wait a couple of days, then try one more. .
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    When I was on match.com I would always send two emails. . I figure there's always a chance that the first one got lost in the shuffle. Especially as I came to learn how many emails the girls on there get!. So, my rule of thumb was to send one, wait a couple of days, then try one more. .
    This... Emails can get lost. Don't spend too much time on that second email though.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    This... Emails can get lost. Don't spend too much time on that second email though.

It's just so hard for me to believe that a girl wouldn't email me back!. .It defies all logic!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't, but I don't mind if a man does. Sometimes they do get lost in the shuffle. If I've had a busy week, I might not get on my email for a couple days.

But, I've had a couple men write 4 or 5 within a couple days....That's a little creepy. Oh, and then this one guy last week wrote a nice first email, then I didn't respond fast enough so the next day he wrote "hey punk". Really??? Delete.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    In certain situations I might. Right now I am talking to 5 women I've met online. They all seem very interesting and like we may be good matches. I am gradually meeting each of them. I have vacation in two of the next 4 weeks and am working extra hours to get stuff done for the vacations so time is limited. I've receive messages from three other women who also look interesting. I don't have time to meet them so I haven't responded. Even if things don't work out with any of the women I plan to meet, I'll assume that waiting a month to contact these other women would turn them off so I won't do it. Based on this experience, It is always possible the lack of response wasn't completely a lack of interest but could have been a lack of time. There's nothing to lose by sending another email but I wouldn't send more than one more email and I wouldn't do it without at least one month between the first and second.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    If you want to email her again, say this.

"Hi, I am not sure if my last email went through. My internet browser went weird on me when I clicked send. I'm ______..." and then continue your email. If both get ignored, then you know she got them and didn't respond. But never say, "Did you get my last email?"
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Thats ok I went to hide my OKC account yesterday and I had an email which said "your ugly".....:noway: :grumble:
    Worse game ever... I wonder if he expected me to email him back lol
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

"Hi, I am not sure if my last email went through. My internet browser went weird on me when I clicked send. I'm ______..." and then continue your email. If both get ignored, then you know she got them and didn't respond. But never say, "Did you get my last email?"

I wouldn't do this. It is so transparently fake. If you're going to do this, you might as well start off your email by saying,

Hi. I'm ____. I thought you were so hot that it's made desperate and now that you ignored my first email, I figure I'll send a second one that starts off with a pathetic lie you can clearly see right through!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

I wouldn't do this. It is so transparently fake. If you're going to do this, you might as well start off your email by saying,

Hi. I'm ____. I thought you were so hot that it's made desperate and now that you ignored my first email, I figure I'll send a second one that starts off with a pathetic lie you can clearly see right through!

Haha it is pretty bad, but at least he's pretending to make an excuse? Right?

I personally would never resend an email, but if he wants to, is it better to lie or is it better to be honest?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    no way. i wouldnt re-email if they never responded to the first email. i didnt get this haughty by being lax on my dignity :laugh:
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Thats ok I went to hide my OKC account yesterday and I had an email which said "your ugly".....:noway: :grumble:
    Worse game ever... I wonder if he expected me to email him back lol
    Did you email him back to say "I think you meant you're ugly, not your ugly"?
  • Jarnard
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies... I didn't email her back.. even though it was several months ago and I doubt she would even remember that I emailed her... I decided to not waste any efforts. :)
  • Jarnard
    Options
    UPDATE:

I gave in! I was browsing through OKC tonight and I've noticed that I've emailed someone back in March.. I even mentioned that I emailed before but couldnt remember what I said.. WISH ME LUCK. lol. I've noticed she checked out my page today.

J
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    UPDATE:

I gave in! I was browsing through OKC tonight and I've noticed that I've emailed someone back in March.. I even mentioned that I emailed before but couldnt remember what I said.. WISH ME LUCK. lol. I've noticed she checked out my page today.

J

Good luck :flowerforyou: