kickboxing classes

Options
hello my fellow philadelphians! i am really interested in taking up kickboxing. i was wondering if anyone currently does it, or has tried it. i did a couple cardio kickboxing classes but i wasn't too interested in kicking and punching in the air. i want to put gloves on and go at it! any recommendations or warnings? i found a place that offers classes frequently in my area, but i'm too chicken to try it out. any advice would be helpful!!! thanks!

Replies

• Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I took kickboxing classes for about a year back in college. That was out in Lancaster, so I don't know of any places in the city.

But, I do know that the classes were pretty much the most fun exercise group I'd been a part of. Where did you see classes being offered?
  • jgershman
    Options
    red tiger offers them and the prices seem reasonable. they have 2 locations both in northeast philly which is where i live so that helps.
  • Every_Woman
    Options
    I have taken boxing and kick-boxing with personal trainers in the past. LOVED IT. Unfortunately, it is hard to find classes that use the equipment. I live in Center City and will keep looking. Good luck at Red Tiger.