where do you work out?

Options
So I'm trying the gym thing again - doing the 12 weeks fitness fundamentals program at Galter Life Center. Is anyone else here working out at Galter? The facility is beautiful (which is why it's so pricey), and the more people I know there, the better I'll do -- I'm a social creature by nature, always have been.

Is there some new workout you're doing you love? Something you do you hate? Let's talk about it.

Replies

• dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Right now all I am doing is walking 30 to 40 minutes a day on most days. I have been averaging about 5 out of 7 days. I need to get back in the gym for weight training and or cycling.

I have a fitness center at my office building that is pretty decent.

I need to come up with a weights routine that I can do in about 45 minutes that hits full body that I can do 2 to 3 times a week.

I also was doing my own personal solo spin class. The fitness center has a handful of nice Keiser spin bikes. But no classes. SO I found some podcasts that I have been listening to to have my own personal spin class. It's okay, but I would prefer to find a good spin class that actually plays music I like and that I can go to without actually having a membership at a different gym.

(I know you posted the other post about that...I'm looking into it)
  • morgycg
    morgycg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am a member at Lakeview Athletic Club and love it. I have tried several of their classes. I find I work out harder when I have an instructor and in a class since I'm competitive. I like their yoga and pilates classes a lot. I need to try their spinning classes, I have done those in the past and they are a great workout. I also recently began horseback riding again once per week, and that is my favorite workout!
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm biking almost every where, and I just finished up week three of a five week kettlebell course.

I LOVE the kettlebell course. You can learn more about it here: http://www.rockfit.co/ I'm doing it through a groupon offer, and after the five weeks are up I've got another groupon for "30 assorted classes over 90 days" to use somewhere else, but after that I'm sorely tempted to pay full price to continue with kettlebells. I get tons of cardio from biking, so I love that it's a class that focuses mostly on moving around heavy objects.