My current story

Options
CkepiJinx
CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
I have been here using MFP since August, doing well losing an average of 2 lbs per week. It was a big step for me to truly put the effort in to lose weight. I have been fat, yes I said it, pretty much my whole life, and honestly it never bothered me. I was always pretty happy with myself. I was active, perfect sugar, awesome cholesterol, good blood pressure. I always had boy friends when I was younger and I have a wonderful husband who loves me regardless of my weight.

So what set me on my journey to finally try to lose weight? In 2007 I was diagnosed with MS, my blood pressure rose slightly after my diagnosis and is now controlled with medication. Also having MS there is a greater possibility that I might one day become disabled, I know at my current weight if that happens living at home would become difficult. So after several years of thinking about it something clicked and here I am doing something about it.

So I feel secure that my eating is under control with the help of this site now I am just trying to work in exercise not an easy task because unfortunately one of my most prominate symptoms is fatigue, and I work full time in a job that has me on my feet all day, and I am active in my daughters life, I am a girl scout leader and a cheer leading coach. So I know I need to do it and I know I feel good when I do it just need to get over the telling myself these things and get to the doing it! Hoping it won't take as long as it did to get serious about losing weight in the first place.

Thanks for reading this, needed to see it in writing hoping that helps me just do it.

Replies

• sedavis62
    Options
    I had trouble getting into exercise myself, but now I feel worse when I don't. Fatigue is a big part of my life, but over time I've found ways to manage it, like telecommuting one day a week, or only taking on one "extra" thing a day (like a trip to the bank). I started regular exercise in hopes that it would help me gain energy. That was one of the benefits folks said it provided. For me, it doesn't do that. But what it does do is help make me feel better over all so I can handle the rest of life. It also has the added benefit of helping me lose weight :) In order to exercise, I had to pick routines I can do at home and pick a time of day I can do them, every day. I make myself workout even when my legs feel like cement or my head is swimming with vertigo, because often these things dissipate through the workout. I've been amazed at what I can actually do, just by doing it. I hope some of this has helped.

Sue
  • Rensy2
    Options
    I'm very inspired by your story! I was 128 # when I first got sick. Then later after I got worse, I was already on disability and in the hospital for a month & suddenly up to 235#. Can you believe it? I've been up & down over the years since then. I gained weight from all the prednisone I've been on. I'm now down to 5 mg of prednisone a day, but losing weight has been very difficult. Partly because of the ups and downs of my energy, but the copaxone has helped me much. I have some thyroid issues and have inherited an obese gene from both parents. Neither of them is overweight nor were my grandparents, but some of their relatives were. Great! :). Good luck on losing weight. I've been in a wheelchair lots of times, but they did get me one free & specially made in case I get worse at some point, but we are praying for status quo right now. I wish I could work, but there's no way to guarantee how many days or day of the week I could get there :)