Skatha89 - 7
    FF Monster - 4
  • krunchykat
    krunchykat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012 - No more than 5 days with fast food

krunchykat - 9
    FF Monster - 2

Great article Mollie! So much truth. I've been struggling with eating mindfully for a little while lately and need to find my motivation. :frown: Great job keeping up with the challenge everyone! Whether or not you meet your goal you've still done well by keeping track and not quitting.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012 - No more than 5 days with fast food.

Mollie - 7
    FF Monster - 4
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I did have Subway last night, but I had a chopped salad and their broccoli and cheese soup, way better than I expected!
    How is that new chopped salad? I am going to try it soon?
  • Skatha89
    Skatha89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did have Subway last night, but I had a chopped salad and their broccoli and cheese soup, way better than I expected!
    How is that new chopped salad? I am going to try it soon?

It was really good! A lot more satisfying than I thought it would be! Didn't even miss the bread!
  • Skatha89
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012: -- Only healthy choices

Skatha89 - 7
    FF Monster - 5
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options

meeaham - 6
    FF Monster - 6

I'm finally checking in! Sorry, I've been busy celebrating birthdays, especially mine. =) Why are there so many people born in November??!!! lol, so I had FF for 6 days now and I'm planning to have no more! Off to a great start today!

Keep it up everyone!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012: -- Goal: 0 fast food days this month.

Hearts:heart: - 12bouncy_smiley.gif

FF Monster - 0
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    JenniferinFL: 12
    Fast food monster: 1

I can finally pass McDonalds without feeling like I have to stop. I got my hair done today for the first time in 3 years and on the way home I was tempted to stop because that's what I always used to do to celebrate a new haircut.. lol.. But, it only took a couple seconds to decide that was a terrible idea..

Thank goodness! That took less time to break than usual for me. Usually it's three weeks without fast food before I finally quit getting hungry whenever I pass. I started taking fat free muffins with me that I baked at home so that if I get hungry I have something to eat. Made them with protein powder and whole wheat flour too, so they actually have fiber and protein. Talk about a lifesaver!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Mollie - 9
    FF Monster - 4
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    JenniferinFL: 12
    Fast food monster: 1

I can finally pass McDonalds without feeling like I have to stop. I got my hair done today for the first time in 3 years and on the way home I was tempted to stop because that's what I always used to do to celebrate a new haircut.. lol.. But, it only took a couple seconds to decide that was a terrible idea..

Thank goodness! That took less time to break than usual for me. Usually it's three weeks without fast food before I finally quit getting hungry whenever I pass. I started taking fat free muffins with me that I baked at home so that if I get hungry I have something to eat. Made them with protein powder and whole wheat flour too, so they actually have fiber and protein. Talk about a lifesaver!
    Awesome job Jennifer!! I used to be a Micky D fanatic too. My favorite was 2 or 3 items off the dollar menu. Now I can go there and order salad's and not junk food. Keep up the good work!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

Hearts:heart: - 15bouncy_smiley.gif

FF Monster - 0
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Mollie - 10
    FF Monster - 4
  • Skatha89
    Options
    As of November 1, 2012: -- Only healthy choices

Skatha89 - 9
    FF Monster - 6
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Mollie - 11
    FF Monster - 4
  • jenniferinfl
    Options
    JenniferinFL: 13
    Fastfood monster: 2

Ugh, went on a walk with my mom today which should have been a positive thing, but, then she wanted me to come along shopping after. Where do we stop to eat? McDonalds. So, that completely negated any exercise we did.

Yes, they probably would have made an extra stop for me elsewhere so that I could have gotten something different, but it would have been an inconvenience and I hate inconveniencing people. So, I had a stinkin McDouble I didn't even want, but I was crazy hungry as I only snack before walking and eat my main meal right after.

Note to self: Take your own car. If you can't take your own car, pack your own lunch even if you do feel silly as your the only person bringing a cooler with you.

I had finally quit craving McDonalds.. Now I keep thinking about a dang Big Mac. So, here starts the 2 weeks it takes me to get over fast food all over again. Back to taking backroads so that I don't even see the sign for McDonalds. I hate backsliding.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Jenn, Being assertive is something I really had to work on and not feel guilty about and now I am very assertive when it comes to food choices and places to eat. Most of my close friends know under NO circumstances will I do buffets and anything that smacks of all you can eat. Like Red Lobster. If we go there when they are having one of their all you can eats I choose an entree that probably cost more.

So if you think your Mom would not have minded going to a better place for you be assertive and ask. Do not assume you are inconviencing others. Do you rather inconvience you vs. them? anyhoos, just something to think about.

Regarding McDonalds, I take it you don't care for their salads which are great, I usually go ahead and get the regular dressing and use it sparingly. That whole packet is way too much dressing.

Any way you are doing wonderful because you are way ahead of the FF monster. Today I had thier side salads with tuna and I had forgot my low cal dressing at home and I am not crazy about their light versions so I had half of the ranch packet and half of vingerette balsamic. Actually I only ate a third of the ranch dressing to give me some a better taste.

This morning my struggle at MickyD's was not buying the buy one get one free and eating both. I have not did that in ions so I refuse to start it today. I had just ate breakfast so I was not even hungry but because it was BOGO I wanted the breakfast sandwiches. I resisted and had my salads and left.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Mollie - 13
    FF Monster - 4
  • jenniferinfl
    Options
    Mollie, their salads seem to vary a bit by location. I've gotten side salads here that were mushy and rotten. My problem more is that once I smell Mcdonalds it feels like I have to have their burger or fries.

Once I haven't been there in a few weeks I'm fine again. For me it's easier to avoid McDonalds completely, because for awhile I'll eat the salads, but then I'll get a bad one and in no time I'm back to the fries and burgers.

Taco Bell all kind of tastes the same to me, so I don't care whether I get the Fresco chicken soft taco or anything else on the menu. So, I get the fresco chicken soft taco and don't crave the worse stuff. I can't go to Wendy's, Burger King or really any other fast food establishment that has burgers and fries, I simply won't make a healthy choice no matter how resolved I feel when planning to go.. lol

Dunkin Donuts I can go into and just get a small coffee. Don't know why, but I can manage not to justify the donuts and end up not ordering anything but the coffee.

My problem is that I start rationalizing that a burger is a good choice because it has protein and under 400 calories, but, pretty soon I'm getting fries too and another sandwich. Just never ends well.. lol
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

Hearts:heart: - 18bouncy_smiley.gif

FF Monster - 0
This discussion has been closed.