WELCOME!!!

Options
Welcome to the 2012 BAFB Beat the Bird Holiday Fitness challenge!!! We are SO excited that you have taken the first step to improving your health!!! Stay tuned for important information, tips, and progress updates! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• PATCH1803
    Options
    I am David Patch, 39, and joined this challenge with 3 other guys in my office. I had back surgery last March, and have been on a profile ever since. I can't run on the street, but can run on a treadmill. That doesn't help with a PT test. I joined the group to learn to eat healthier. When I started on 1 Nov, I weighed in at 213. Today, 11 Nov, I weighed in at 203. Cutting out the alcohol, and tracking what I eat has helped me make better food choices. I have a very rigorous workout regimen through physical therapy, referee football four nights a week, and referee soccer on the weekends. I was amazed to see how many calories I was burning. I used to skip meals; due to lack of time. Now, I make myself eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. I even throw a couple of snacks in during the day. I found that I am not as hungry at meal times, and don't over indulge. The advice from the staff at the HAWC has helped me tremendously.
  • mimimouse2
    mimimouse2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your words patch 1803. I drew a lot of encouragement from hearing your story. It sounds like you have made a commitment and I hope I have made one as well this time too. I too would skip breakfast or cut back on my food intake and I think this time I am finding out why I always wanted to overindulge. Leah at HAWC assures me that i was starving the body by cutting back so drastically on my calories. Besides, what do i have to lose by trying it her way this time right? Good luck to you and your team. We will all be winners in the end.