Starting Zombies, Run! today!

Options
lizapettit
lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
I've been using interval run, but this looks waaaaaay cooler! I think I've got everything set up for my run this afternoon, but not sure. I might have a lot of questions! I'm looking for more running friends, so add me if you like :). I log every day!

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Your going to be addicted. Welcome to the runner 5 club :) I can't NOT run without it. I wish I had more missions now, I done them all.
  • Runner_5
    Runner_5 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've made it through about 3/4 of the missions and have gone back to the beginning so as to avoid the end of the story. It's pretty brilliant.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! I haven't ran in 3 weeks :( need to get back to it. You're going to love it and we are here to answer all your Runner 5 questions.
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love it! It made the time go by super fast. Once I was done with the mission, I let it switch to to radio mode and that was pretty entertaining. The only thing is I CANNOT outrun them in chase mode?!? On the last chase, I was walking, then immediately started sprinting... they still caught me??
  • WarriorMama
    Options
    Just found this app when I saw this group, thanks all! I immediately started my first mission (haven't ran in probably 6 months). That was a blast! It really did help the time fly. I'm too chicken to try chase mode, maybe after I get a few missions under my belt.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I love it! It made the time go by super fast. Once I was done with the mission, I let it switch to to radio mode and that was pretty entertaining. The only thing is I CANNOT outrun them in chase mode?!? On the last chase, I was walking, then immediately started sprinting... they still caught me??

You have to run for a full minute at a 20% increase. If you are walking start increasing your speed a bit and when it says Zombies approaching increase it again. I think running at a faster pace for a longer time is more effective than doing a sprint. Hope that makes sense. :)
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    When it says Zombies aproaching, is that becuase you haven't picked up the pace enough? I have seen peple say they use the treadmill with this app, if youare running indoors how does that work? how do they know you increased?
  • tsherrill
    tsherrill Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just started using both the main app and the 5k trainer and I am in love. It's really motivated me, and the story line fun!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    When it says Zombies aproaching, is that becuase you haven't picked up the pace enough? I have seen peple say they use the treadmill with this app, if youare running indoors how does that work? how do they know you increased?
    No, when it says that it means you have the chase function turned on & you're supposed to do an interval. If you're running on a treadmill, you want to make sure you have it set not to use GPS. I run it on an iPod so it's on that setting all the time anyway. It can still sense your speed increase because it behaves as a pedometer & tracks your steps, so if your steps get faster you're probably running/walking faster. :wink:
  • degan2011
    Options
    No, when it says that it means you have the chase function turned on & you're supposed to do an interval. If you're running on a treadmill, you want to make sure you have it set not to use GPS. I run it on an iPod so it's on that setting all the time anyway. It can still sense your speed increase because it behaves as a pedometer & tracks your steps, so if your steps get faster you're probably running/walking faster. :wink:
    OH, ok. :) Thanks! I was hoping to be able to use it both ways... I will look to see where to turn the GPS off for if I run indoors. :)
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Runner 5.
  • JudyHarris616
    JudyHarris616 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Such a fun way to run! It motivated me to run farther & faster. I did the 30 min Zombie 5k mission first then did a 30 min Zombies, Run mission. When the radio guys came on, I didn't realize the mission was complete so I just kept going and going. Finally after an hour and a half of walking/running, I stopped the mission. I read up and realized what was going on!

So, today I am still recuperating!! Lol! Still can't get it out of my mind, so I am glad to find this group and all of you fellow Zombie Run lovers! Can't wait to continue tomorrow!
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Abel Township. :)
  • degan2011
    Options
    Tonight will be my first trip back to Abel in 2 WEEKS!!! :love: I have been working/running with a trainer so no missions, but since we missed the last two morningins due to scheduling conflicts, tonight is my choice run!!! whoot!! (brining the dog too! She LOVES :heart: Zombies, Run! almost as much as I do! :):wink:
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    I did my first zombie run at the gym, and the second in the evening with the dog. I may never go back to the gym for running, zombie running with the dog was so much fun. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen her that happy during a walk before...
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I did my first zombie run at the gym, and the second in the evening with the dog. I may never go back to the gym for running, zombie running with the dog was so much fun. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen her that happy during a walk before...

Well, even if she doesn't understand the concept of the Undead, she's gonna appreciate you making it more exciting for her - you speeding up and then slowing down and then sprinting is like you being her Sam.

And the dog will be well equipped for the apocalypse this way.... :)
  • no1belongs
    no1belongs Posts: 156
    Options
    I started last night and im hooked cant wait for saturday to do the next mission
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    Well, even if she doesn't understand the concept of the Undead, she's gonna appreciate you making it more exciting for her - you speeding up and then slowing down and then sprinting is like you being her Sam.

And the dog will be well equipped for the apocalypse this way.... :)

And a good reminder of how out of shape I am...! After the zombie run, I was staggering home, out of breath and moving very much like a zombie myself. The dog was bouncing in circles around me, grabbing the leash and tugging at it, trying to get me to sprint with her again! Silly dog.

Next episode at the gym tonight after lifting, then mission #4 with the dog tomorrow. :)
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded the app....Will start it as soon as it's nice out...at least a little nicer lol...
  • Saxonvoter
    Saxonvoter Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the 5k app last weekend and did the 1st mission on Sunday, and this morning did the first training run. They were both awesome!

I'd never really been a fan of running because I want to run so fast that I exhaust my self quickly, but with this app it was both fun and kinda relaxing because I didn't need to think how long I had been running, the orders just tell you what to do.

Totally gonna download the main app when I'm done with 5K training. (: