What's your fav healthy snack?

Options
g22lth
g22lth Posts: 8 Member
Good Afternoon all, I'm new to the group and thought I would say hi and ask what you like to snack on. I generally stick to fresh fruit with a weekly treat of green & blacks dark chocolate! Yum! As they say variety is the spice of life, so please share as always looking to vary my selections. Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am also a fresh fruit snacker, but just may have a crispbread & small bit of cheddar if really stuck
  • cayman07
    cayman07 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    For me it's a Satsuma or an Orange, can think of plenty that are unhealthy thought :smile:
  • g22lth
    Options
    Lol yeah me too! Now thinking of segmenting oranges & wrapping them in foil :-)

@faraway good tip, oat cakes & mini babel lights aded to my shopping list.
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I get a Graze box delivered every week; it's my healthy treat and I like surprises! I have the 'light' option, so none of the little punnets are much over about 120 calories. Costs a couple of ££ but I used to spend more than that on chocolate and rubbish :blushing:
  • manofpies
    manofpies Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Agree on the graze boxes - they're a really good little snack, out side of that grapes are a really good way to go..
  • g22lth
    Options
    Graze box ordered. What a brilliant idea! Thanks :-)
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Oatcakes and houmous. Or a milky way or curly wurly if I need a sugar treat.
  • renatka13
    renatka13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Houmous with carrot, rice cake with peanutt butter, cherry tomatoes, fruits (sometimes with greek style natural yogurth - pomegranate goes really well with it!)
  • pboroaddick
    pboroaddick Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's Ryvita with Philadelphia light Chilli & Cucumber for me.
  • foxys_mum
    foxys_mum Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I make my own muffins, they are jam picked with fruit, low fat & processed sugar. Feel indulgent whilst still being slightly nutritious. Also seems to keep me away from chocolate as they give me my sweet tooth hit!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It's Ryvita with Philadelphia light Chilli & Cucumber for me.

You gave me an idea, so copied it, but not the chilli variety

BTW Morrison's have Philly on offer for a quid at the moment if any one fancies stocking up
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Anything with peanut butter. I love the Whole Earth organic stuff. It's good with apple, mashed banana, straight off the spoon :blushing: . Yum
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Cherry tomatoes!! I can eat a whole punnet sat at my desk at work...
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I make my own muffins, they are jam picked with fruit, low fat & processed sugar. Feel indulgent whilst still being slightly nutritious. Also seems to keep me away from chocolate as they give me my sweet tooth hit!

Recipe please!! :-)
  • g22lth
    Options
    Great suggestions folks, is it wrong to contemplate a day of nothing but snacks!? :-)
  • amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options
    I loooove Nakd bars! They're 100% fruit/berries/seeds with natural flavours like cocoa-mint, orange, cashew cookie and banana bread. They're gorgeous, and only 145 cals or so. I keep a box in the car so I avoid stopping at the shop for chocolate/crap on the school run. ;)
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter with sliced apple. Cant go a day without it!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I loooove Nakd bars! They're 100% fruit/berries/seeds with natural flavours like cocoa-mint, orange, cashew cookie and banana bread. They're gorgeous, and only 145 cals or so. I keep a box in the car so I avoid stopping at the shop for chocolate/crap on the school run. ;)

I always have one in my bag. This stops me using the excuse that 'I have to eat a lot as I don't know when I'll be eating next and hunger gives me migraines'
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Ginger oatcakes are fab too
  • dididede
    dididede Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes with cherry tomatoes for me, or walkers sun bites, or a 2 finger kit kat if it needs to be a choccy hit :-)