Pre-dawn freakout

Options
Macrocarpa
Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
OK. So here's a tip. If you're planning on doing a zombie run first thing in the morning, pre-dawn, try to stay to a well-lit area, and one not frequented by wildlife. I don't know what kind of creature it was that ran across the path in front of me yesterday morning just as the zombies closed in on Runner 5 on the 'Lost Child' mission, but I swear I ran a PB for the next km.

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    ha...its funny how much we get our heads into these stories...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    In the pre-dawn hours, most of my neighbors could be mistaken for zombies.

:indifferent: <-- They look like that. Grey and void of all expression.

Ah, hell. At HIGH NOON, most of my neighbors could be mistaken for zombies.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha!

I have found my kindred spirit with you guys.
  • Runner_5
    Runner_5 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Worst for me was turning a corner and, I mean no offense by this, saw, about 15 feet ahead of me, a man with cerebral palsy or some such other ailment that made him kinetically spastic... About 2 blocks later - a homeless man who many in town know as "Shuffles" for his consistent shuffling gait.

I was quit frightened that morning.

I forget which mission I was on - but... Ugh. Creepy.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I just know that if I was running outside and I came around a corner to someone shuffling along I would be in need of bail money. I fear I may beat the crap outta the "Zombie". This is why I run on the treadmill, I am a danger to myself and possibly some unsuspecting stranger...
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I had one run where there were zoms chasing me, they were like 20 meters ahead, just as I turn the corner at the park I was running (kinda enclosed bushland with tracks) 2 guys popped out..... scared the **** outta me.

I ran a PB that day as well.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I tend to do my runs at night (on the treadmill), and last night I watched the pilot episode of Walking Dead for the first time. I have to say that I think my run tonight is going to freak me the hell out. I didn't need those visuals in my head.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I tend to do my runs at night (on the treadmill), and last night I watched the pilot episode of Walking Dead for the first time. I have to say that I think my run tonight is going to freak me the hell out. I didn't need those visuals in my head.

I LOVE/HATE this show. It's so good but scares the snot outta me! I often think of it as I am lumbering along. A friend of ours comes to watch it at our house because I am a great source of entertainment, hiding behind my blanket and screaming at the appropriate times LOL.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I doesn't help that they film it right down the road from where my parents live and where I grew up. Suspension of disbelief is much harder when you've BEEN at the location you see on TV. LOL
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting my run when I get home. 1st mission.... My husband told me to start last night at about 8;30... I told him he was crazy... I could just see myself getting freaked out in the middle of the street because some cat or dog jumped out at me. Daylight hours only for me! haha!
  • tsherrill
    tsherrill Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I run through Golden Gate Park, and decided to do mine before work in the pre-dawn. Nothing says creepy like unlit wooded paths with homeless camps just waking up, and shuffling through the bushes while hearing about zombies.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This is the reason I haven't been running outside, just inside on a treadmill. I measured my spot where i was going to run (in the dark but it's a private driveway). I came across a skunk family and decided it wasn't worth it. My job would never believe me if I called in because I got skunked.