turbo kick

Options
This morning I did my first Turbo Kick class and I already hurt! I'm tracking my exercise and the closest I could find was kickboxing 60 mins, 589 calories! That's great, but I don't want to hurt myself by thinking I've expended more calories than I actually did. Anyone have any input ? Should I bring it down to 400 calories?!

Replies

• SherryP71561
    Options
    If you want an accurate read, you may want to invest in some type of heart rate monitor to wear while you're exercising. I've started wearing mine again and notice that the numbers may change depending on how hard I'm working on a particular day.
  • lmhock
    lmhock Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    BETSEY,
    I TOTALLY AGREE WITH SHERRY. IT IS TRULY THE ONLY ACCURATE WAY. MANY OF US THAT HAVE BEEN DOING THE SAME WORKOUTS TEND TO GENERALIZE, BUT I WOULD INVEST IN A HEART RATE MONITOR. THERE ARE MANY REASONABLY PRICED GOOD ONES OUT THERE. COME SEE ME IF YOU NEED HELP.
    YOU WERE KICKING SOME TURBO BOOTY TODAY!
    LORI
  • maryreimers
    Options
    I had the same question as Betsy...my turbokick input said I burned 992! (Whoa!) So, with the suggestion of finding a heart rate monitor I would love recommendations from others as to what type/brand to look for. Thanks!
  • charllo
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I was doing a little looking online and its getting a little confusing. For instance I see the little belts that go around but it doesnt have a witch and it doesn't say anything about needing the watch, but how would you know your stats then. Soo confusing....
  • SherryP71561
    Options
    I was advised by a trainer to get one with the chest strap, along with the watch. Supposedly this is the most accurate read. If i'm on a piece of cardio equipment that can check your heart rate, I don't have to wear the watch with those, just the chest strap. I'm not sure how you would get your readings without the watch. I purchased mine at Scheels in Lincoln with the help of a sales rep because I wasn't sure what to get.

I'm sure Lori would have a great suggestion or be able to help you with what to get.
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar with a chest strap. I got my at Amazon. I have also had the kind you are supposed to just touch occasionally to get you heart rate. I would not recommended it. My Polar does a great job and you forget about the chest strap. I love mine and have been wearing mine for four years.

Dawn
  • steffi_chel
    Options
    I have a basic Polar watch that I bought years ago from amazon.com Its the watch with the chest strap.
  • lmhock
    lmhock Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I buy almost everything on Amazon! I read customer reviews religiously.