Newbies

Options
V15FLHXS
V15FLHXS Posts: 8 Member
Hello - My wife and I are following the Chris Powell CTL or maybe I should say that I'm trying to and my wife is trying to learn from me but I don't feel I'm doing a very good job with our menus so we have the right foods available on the right days. I'm reading the book and she has finished it but I think we're making it harder than it should be. Any suggestions on making food a couple of days in advance easier?

Replies

• Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Cook chicken ahead of time and then it is easy to either just wrap in lettuce or add to stirfry or whatever. If you are eating a llot of celery, carrots cucumbers just cut them all up and put in water for easier snacking. Every day I usually do egg whites with onions and pepper and broccoli so I just cut it all up and put into sandwich bags for the rest of the week. I hope any of this helps.
  • Nmagru
    Options
    Hi everyone, just joined the group. I just finished the book and plan on starting on Sunday. So thank you all for sharing your experiences.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hello - My wife and I are following the Chris Powell CTL or maybe I should say that I'm trying to and my wife is trying to learn from me but I don't feel I'm doing a very good job with our menus so we have the right foods available on the right days. I'm reading the book and she has finished it but I think we're making it harder than it should be. Any suggestions on making food a couple of days in advance easier?

First of all, welcome to the group!!!

Try reading my blog that I posted with my hints for getting started: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/babeinthemoon/view/so-you-want-to-start-choose-to-lose-441366

And print off a copy of the "smart foods guide" from Chris's website. You can find the link under "smart foods guide" here in the CTL discussion group. :)

Good Luck!
  • V15FLHXS
    Options
    Hello and thanks, I did read your blog :)
  • V15FLHXS
    Options
    Cook chicken ahead of time and then it is easy to either just wrap in lettuce or add to stirfry or whatever. If you are eating a llot of celery, carrots cucumbers just cut them all up and put in water for easier snacking. Every day I usually do egg whites with onions and pepper and broccoli so I just cut it all up and put into sandwich bags for the rest of the week. I hope any of this helps.

Hello and thanks, that makes sense!