getting my feet wet...... again.

Options
4themoney
4themoney Posts: 797 Member
i haven't worked in awhile. mainly because my ex made tons of money, and i didn't have to. but, also because i had a bunch of kids, back to back, and my ex wanted me home with them.

so, i MIGHT have a job ( i'll know more friday). i am excited because it would be a great way to get my feet wet again. there are two down sides ( which i really don't mind at all) 1. i would work the ONLY nights I could go on dates ( friday, saturday, and sunday nights) and 2. i wouldn't work WITH anyone ( so there would be no chance to meet new people or network at all).

i need to get back into the work force and this really is the most ideal way for me to do it, so i'm SUPER excited. plus, it's something i love!!!! and that is always so important. i do hope that by the summer i will be working in a hospital again and will have loads of new people to meet and network with :-)

thanks for reading!

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting your feet wet again in the job market. It is great you found something that you love.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I'd just focus on getting your foot in the door right now. What might be negatives could change in the future. At least it's a job in a time when so many don't have one!

Congrats!! :drinker:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good thing for you. Plus, there may be pros (and cons too) that you can't foresee until you are actually doing the job.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Think its awesome that you are doing something that you love and that is all yours. As moms, we tend to do so much for others that we can sometimes lose ourselves in the day-to-day stuff.

Great first step. All the best to you!!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Pro: Doing something you love
    Pro: Getting into the workforce again, good, if it doesn't work out, you have something current to have in your resume
    Pro: Just because you work those days that everyone is "out" doesn't mean your dating is at an end....
    Pro: In your time away from work you will be able to meet others with somewhat similar schedules possibly.

Con: It might be quiet at work

Pro: Time to invest in a good set of earbuds and mp3 player (if it's allowed)

Good Luck! That's awesome.
  • 4themoney
    Options
    oh yeah, this job is 100% perfect for me. and the pros totally outweigh the two insignificant cons.

on tuesday of next week i am going to try my hand at substitute teaching in a preschool. i am also thinking about applying to be a substitute RN in the schools.......

i just need to get out there and get some hours under my belt at this point :-0
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Congrats & Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    youre about to have a brand new whole dimension of yourself to develop and love!!!!!
  • 4themoney
    Options
    thanks!!

well, i met with her today. i got the job. yippee!! so, that's good. she has work for me right away too, which is nice. i will probably start in dec or i may wait til after the holidays...... not sure yet.

:-)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    thanks!!

well, i met with her today. i got the job. yippee!! so, that's good. she has work for me right away too, which is nice. i will probably start in dec or i may wait til after the holidays...... not sure yet.

:-)

Super awesome! Congrats!
  • OutOfBreath
    OutOfBreath Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting the job. :D