Celiac's symptoms...CONSTANT burping???!!

Options
Hey there…

So it hasn’t been confirmed (I had my blood test this afternoon) but my doctor and my symptoms seems to be leaning towards celiac’s disease. I’m actually not super concerned about this, as I’ve been trying to take in less gluten anyway and I eat pretty cleanly (MOST of the time!!) However I was wondering if anyone with celiac’s experiences constant burping? ALL DAY LONG!! For the past 3 days consistently I feel like I have a balloon in my stomach that I can burp out a little air at a time all day. I’ve taken gas-ex to alleviate this even though it’s not gas, it’s straight up air. Doesn’t seem to help. Any suggestions?? This leaves me feeling bloated, yet hungry; it’s awful!

Replies

• dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Anything to relieve it??
  • Cheryl_Catrair
    Cheryl_Catrair Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Quick question.... when you had your blood test had you already reduced the amount of gluten you're eating? If so, it can definitely skew your results and make them appear negative. Just wanted you to be aware.

I had very few symptoms but this is one of them (diagnosed two years ago via positive blood test and biopsy). However, I'm not sure it's from the celiac as I also have acid reflux .... seems to come and go. Stress makes it much worse. I'm not sure what will actually relieve it since mine seems to always be related somewhat to stress.... Good luck with everything! My fingers are crossed that you don't have it because trust me... it's one thing to be trying to cut back and another thing to be told you can never ever ever consume ANY gluten. It's a major pain in the you know what sometimes! LOL But if you do have it , it's so much better to know!
  • restoreleanne
    restoreleanne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I don't burp a lot, but I have very very bad gas if I have any gluten. Only time will fix mine.
    They should be able to tell if you have a biopsy. the Dr. I see will only call you gluten sensitive with + blood and no biopsy. Good luck
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I hadn't had any gluten the morning through afternoon before taking the test, but quite a bit of it the night before. I had only gone to the doctor Tues and went for the test Weds. We shall see! Thanks for the responses!
  • Cheryl_Catrair
    Cheryl_Catrair Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I hadn't had any gluten the morning through afternoon before taking the test, but quite a bit of it the night before. I had only gone to the doctor Tues and went for the test Weds. We shall see! Thanks for the responses!

That shouldn't affect anything... only if you had tried to cut it out of your diet for several days. Good luck.....