Had my period for 2 weeks, any advice?

Options
Leeny01
Leeny01 Posts: 48 Member
Hey ladies,
I know irregular periods are one of the many joys associated with PCOS. I've had my period for the past two weeks. I just started taking Agnus Castus (also known as Vitex) again last night to see if it will help. (It typically does) Just in case, any other tips?

Replies

• kellison89
    kellison89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had a period for 3 straight months. I went on the pill and I haven't had a problem since. If you are already on the pill Vitex can interfere so be cautious.
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hey Hun!

Do you take the pill or anything from the dr? I noticed when I wasn't on the pill this happen to me quite often and was actually the reason lol When I was younger I didn't have period all through high school and when I did low carb for the first time, I finally got it on my own, but then wouldn't go away lol So finally I had enough and went to my Dr, got diagnosed with PCOS and got put on the pill and it made me regular.

If you haven't had your period for quite a awhile, having it for way longer than normal happens sometimes. I have heard it is kinda like when you are pregnant and because you haven't had one in so long, your body has alot to dispose of.

Sorry I can't give you more then just what I have experienced, but hopefully something will help, I feel for you girl, I would not be a happy girl if I had mine that long :grumble:
  • Leeny01
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm not on the pill and I would rather not be. Maybe it is just the backup, like you were saying, Lisa. The agnus castus seems to be helping so we'll see what happens! <3
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I know I really don't like being on it either, but am afraid to go off it now lol I don't know if I can handle month long visitors haha
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm not on the pill and I would rather not be. Maybe it is just the backup, like you were saying, Lisa. The agnus castus seems to be helping so we'll see what happens! <3

I don't want to go on the pill either but this just happened to me, 3 weeks. It eventually went away on its own. I never get a period on my own - ever- So i think my body was just cleansing itself out.
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I hate being on the pill too, but it is the only way I can stay regulated. The last time I went without, I started on my own, but was on it for almost 6 months. I ended up needing a D&C after that.
  • Leeny01
    Options
    Loyal, that's crazy! My gosh. I really want to see all of us have great success over this thing and as naturally as possible! It looks like the Agnus castus has stopped it, thank God! Love to all of you :)
  • Jeanlk4
    Options
    My longest period to date was 36 days and it was hell. I tried staying off the pill but my body could just never figure it out and I got tired of it. The only time I've been off since was to get pregnant. If you've gone a long time without a period your body might just be taking the extra tube to shed all the lining. Either way, still sucks!
  • Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I once had my period for 5 months without stopping. The only thing that worked to stop it was going on the pill. that took 2 cycles.
    I was told by my ob/gyn that I was not ovulating, so my body was resetting itself. I stopped taking the pill I think about only 3 months later and the problem never came back, thankfully.
  • mattie733
    Options
    Man that sucks! I have had my period on and off for about 5 months. I choice not to be on the pill but the doctor gave me provera to take for ten days and then it threw me into a cycle and I was good to go.. I did recently get put on metformin as well...Good Luck!