Wedding Dress Size Goal

Options

Replies

• BeginningNew2012
    Options
    im not sure about where you got your dress, but i know with davids bridal i can do a size exchange before alterations are made. Look into it since i was told they can only go 2 dress sizes with alterations. you're doing great!
  • andonsmama
    Options
    aww thats so pretty! mine has a similar colored sash, champange :)
    keep up tht weight loss!
  • stephcthomas
    stephcthomas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm actually really nervous about alterations... I ordered my dress over 2 months ago, of course in the size that I was at the time. I was a 14ish in regular clothes, and the sample I tried on was a 16, and did zip fully closed, but was a little snug. So, I was strongly recommended to order an 18.

Those seamstresses can work wonders, I wouldn't worry about it. I was in the same situation, the sample size did up but was snug like yours. I ordered mine in the same size against their recommendations and had to sign a waiver that they did recommend the size larger. I have until the end of january to lose 5 - 10lbs. I hope I can do it.

Your dress is gorgeous BTW.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt worry either - lets cheer eachother on and LOOSE this weight :):)
  • andonsmama
    Options
    I wouldnt worry either - lets cheer eachother on and LOOSE this weight :):)

well said!!!! we call can do this!!! :)
  • prettypearl5
    Options
    I dont really cure about the size of the dress, no one is gonna see the label but me but I do care about how I look in the dress. I have a little over a year till the big day and the dress shop told me that I need to order by the end of March. So Im busting my butt now.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I dont really cure about the size of the dress, no one is gonna see the label but me but I do care about how I look in the dress. I have a little over a year till the big day and the dress shop told me that I need to order by the end of March. So Im busting my butt now.

Well said :) Just want to look great in the dress I do have
  • stephcthomas
    stephcthomas Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Absolutely! It's our wedding day and we all deserve to feel beautiful! We will no matter what size we are!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in September 2013 too and I have not officially shopped for a dress, only window shopped on line as I am not happy with my gut. I do like the mermaid or fit & flare look...that's what I'm going for...otherwise I'll do a column or A-frame...
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My sister is getting married 2 months after me (she's a toothpick but she's pregnant) so we're going dress shopping on Friday!
  • KMRose1788
    KMRose1788 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I haven't ordered, or even tried on dresses yet. But I love this http://www.missesdressy.com/organza-dress-allure-bridals-p-23482.html and want something similar. My sister made a comment to me about finding a dress 'for my body' which really hurt and I decided I want my body to be able to wear any dress I want! I currently am a size 12 (recently wore 10's comfortably) and am down 16 pounds. I want to try that dress on in February at my goal weight (155) and if I want it or not, it will look GREAT.

Everyone's dresses are gorgeous and it is so exciting to buy such a gorgeous dress, marry the man of your dreams, and feel like million bucks all at once. I love this group :)
  • Lwatkins84
    Lwatkins84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a June bride and going dress shopping on Saturday. I'm a little nervous because when I was about 35 lbs heavier I went bridesmaid dress shopping. I had a really bad experience shopping, although the dress turned out lovely (I ordered a size smaller than they recommended, even though they really gave me hell for doing that). I'm a little worried about what this weekend is going to be like but hoping that it turns out well.
  • Kellster30
    Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I bought my wedding dress in a size 12. The one I tried on in the store was a size 14 and it was a little bit big. I asked my consultant at the store and she said that the dress can be altered down 2 sizes, which would make it a size 8, if I needed it. My goal is to need to have the dress altered down - but if not, I won't stress because I know the dress will still fit me.
  • rg8817
    rg8817 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Funny story (kind of) about my dress. When I tried it on it was a size 8 (my "normal" clothing size) just because that was the only one there. I had figured it was a 10 just because of how it fit and everyone told me that wedding dress sizes are usually higher. Well the 8 fit like a glove! A little tight but nothing major and nothing a few miles wouldn't fix. Well when I ordered my dress by my measurements my measurements said I should get a size 12. So we ordered a size 12 (just based on measurements) and figuring the 8 probably got stretched out. Plus, I didn't want to be in a frantic about having to loose weight/inches. I really don't care what the number says and I would LOVE to have to have it taken in :)
  • DMW914
    Options
    I bought a size 14 at david's bridal, it is really snug right now. she said they can alter it down 2 sizes and make it a 10. so that is my weight loss goal LOL my wedding is 4/5/13.
    :)
    That dress is really nice!
  • DMW914
    Options
    I'm getting married next September and I haven't even looked at dresses yet! I have lots to lose though. I am currently a size 20 and want to get down to a size 12-14 so three and a bit dress sizes to go :(

Me too but I am a 14 - 12 now trying to get down to 8-10.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I bought my dress! I bought a size 18 because I'm large busted. I had on a size 16 and it felt great everywhere but the breast area. It's a corset back so I can adjust it without needing alterations for the most part (unless I lose in the bust, but that never happens). I was excited to fit into a 16 and not feel like a whale!

The best part about it was that I tried it on, fell in love and then I was told it was on clearance! $349! WOOHOO! They are going to take out the champagne sash (it's an ivory dress with a champagne sash), and replace it with a teal color that matches the bridal party! YAY!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-A-line-Halter-with-Split-Front-T9218_Buy-Online-Bridal-Gowns-All-Gowns
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    haven't bought mine yet...but got my eye on a few...i'm pushing to fit a 10
  • andonsmama
    Options
    I bought my dress! I bought a size 18 because I'm large busted. I had on a size 16 and it felt great everywhere but the breast area. It's a corset back so I can adjust it without needing alterations for the most part (unless I lose in the bust, but that never happens). I was excited to fit into a 16 and not feel like a whale!

The best part about it was that I tried it on, fell in love and then I was told it was on clearance! $349! WOOHOO! They are going to take out the champagne sash (it's an ivory dress with a champagne sash), and replace it with a teal color that matches the bridal party! YAY!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-A-line-Halter-with-Split-Front-T9218_Buy-Online-Bridal-Gowns-All-Gowns

very beautifull!!! :flowerforyou:

my dress also had a champange sash, i actually loved it so much i kept it and that is the color of my bridesmaid dresses :laugh:
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Is it weird that I'm actually kind of dreading the first wedding dress shopping event? I'm hoping to do it sometime in December, but it makes me nervous. I'm wearing an 18 pant and 16 dress, but my top is smaller than my bottom.